Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pit Barrel cooker coal basket arrived chipped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anteater23 I never saw a picture showing a chip. Was it in that one photo you posted? Did you ever get this resolved?

Comment

• Anteater23
      Anteater23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, I contacted the people I bought it from (a UK company) who said it shouldn’t be a problem and putting some oil over it would make it fine. I understand it’s not the most serious problem but I wish it were perfect.

• Anteater23
      Anteater23 commented
      Editing a comment
      The photo shows the chips. They are either side of the ‘leg’ that clips into the ash pan attachment.

Contact them, they will take care of you. My PBJ came out of the box chipped they sent me another one the next day no cost to me and told me to keep it, so I ended up with two.

Comment

• Anteater23
      Anteater23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your message. I’m from the UK and didn’t buy it from the Pit Barrel company directly but from a UK retailer. They apologised but said it shouldn’t be a problem if I put oil over the chips.

Originally posted by Alabama Smoke View Post
    Anteater23 did you purchase the unit directly from the Pitt Barrel Company? Regardless call them and tell them its important that you speak with Noah Granville (president and owner). He will take care of you.
    I contacted the guys at PBC today and they just said they didn’t think it’d affect the function or longevity of the coal basket and that degradation of the coating is normal and no cause for concern. Considering I haven’t used it, that’s bit disappointing.

Comment

• Anteater23
      Anteater23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope so. Was just concerned about it rusting as a result. Might damage it.

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Chip or no chip it should develop rust. It's about to experience copious amounts of heat and moisture.

• Anteater23
      Anteater23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay. Is rust a problem for coal basket?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here