Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New PBC User

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael_in_TX
    replied
    I really like my PBC. It is a fun, consistent, and low-stress cooker that turns out great food. It's not entirely set-it-and-forget it; every once in awhile my temps inexplicably get away from me for some reason.....but I certainly have enjoyed it.

I added a dolly to it so that it can be moved around the patio.

Leave a comment:

• HSVbbq
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for the welcome. Your posts and guidance on the PBC have taken a great deal of guess work out of this adventure. Thank you so much!

• HSVbbq
    replied
    Originally posted by jfmorris View Post
    Glad to see you active HSVbbq - that HSV wouldn't be for Huntsville would it? I'm in Huntsville, Alabama, and it would be cool to know there was another Pitmaster Club member local. The closest one I've met in person lives in Tennessee.
    Yes sir, I'm in Huntsville, AL. Nice to meet another local member!

Leave a comment:

• Michael_in_TX
    commented on 's reply
    I hope my first brisket goes like this. I've had my PBC since November of 2019 and I have yet to have the courage to do it.

• jfmorris
    replied
    Glad to see you active HSVbbq - that HSV wouldn't be for Huntsville would it? I'm in Huntsville, Alabama, and it would be cool to know there was another Pitmaster Club member local. The closest one I've met in person lives in Tennessee.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit, HSVbbq . It's good to hear that you're liking your PBC. I've been smoking on mine for years, and continue to rave at how simple the setup is and how delicious the results are.

Split a chicken one of these days and cook that. You'll think you've died and gone to PBC heaven. Here are some chicken on the PBC tips, FWIW.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    PBC, PBC, PBC!

I did a Costco brisket as well. Its so nice when it all comes together. Congrats!

Take pictures and show us!

• HSVbbq
    replied
    So, I picked up a 9.85# Prime full packer from Costco on Thursday evening and smoked it on Friday. I whipped up some Big Bad Beef rub or similar with what I had in the cabinet (hot paprika instead of chipotle).

It took right at 10 hours with an average PBC temp of 250F to get it to 203F internal. I had pulled it at 185 to wrap in aluminum foil, then back on the grate for the remainder. I did the faux cambro rest for 2 hours, then it was time for the reveal.

WOW! It was fantastic! As much as I love pulled pork, the brisket was 100X better. It was a hit with the whole family and there are only a few remaining chunks despite being gone most of the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• HSVbbq
    replied
    Thanks for the comments and advise everyone. I still have the kettle with sns and the Genesis. I love the PBC! I'm going to try a brisket this weekend. It's looking like smokers are similar to motorcycles, each has their purpose and you can't have just one.

Leave a comment:

• HSVbbq
    commented on 's reply
    I don't, but I did look at an SS a few years ago A Caddy Blackwing may be in my future...MT of course.

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    +1 on The Vortex

• smokin fool
    replied
    HSV....do you happen to drive a Holden built Pontiac G8 or Chevy SS
    Welcome to the site.

Leave a comment:

• Soonerpop
    replied
    Welcome from north Texas. All kinds of help here. Enjoy, have fun.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Hello from NW Oregon

Leave a comment:

• cgrover60
    replied
    IMO, adding a PBC to a Weber / SNS is more of a cross grade and not an upgrade since both excel in different ways. Welcome to the pit HSVbbq.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here