Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New PBC User

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the Pit, HSVbbq . It's good to hear that you're liking your PBC. I've been smoking on mine for years, and continue to rave at how simple the setup is and how delicious the results are.

Split a chicken one of these days and cook that. You'll think you've died and gone to PBC heaven. Here are some chicken on the PBC tips, FWIW.

Kathryn

Comment

• HSVbbq
      HSVbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the welcome. Your posts and guidance on the PBC have taken a great deal of guess work out of this adventure. Thank you so much!

• fzxdoc
      fzxdoc commented
      Editing a comment
      You're very welcome, HSVbbq . My pleasure. Enjoy your cooks!

Kathryn

Glad to see you active HSVbbq - that HSV wouldn't be for Huntsville would it? I'm in Huntsville, Alabama, and it would be cool to know there was another Pitmaster Club member local. The closest one I've met in person lives in Tennessee.

Comment

Originally posted by jfmorris View Post
      Glad to see you active HSVbbq - that HSV wouldn't be for Huntsville would it? I'm in Huntsville, Alabama, and it would be cool to know there was another Pitmaster Club member local. The closest one I've met in person lives in Tennessee.
      Yes sir, I'm in Huntsville, AL. Nice to meet another local member!

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad to "meet" you online. This is the best place I know of if you are serious about upping your BBQ game.

I really like my PBC. It is a fun, consistent, and low-stress cooker that turns out great food. It's not entirely set-it-and-forget it; every once in awhile my temps inexplicably get away from me for some reason.....but I certainly have enjoyed it.

I added a dolly to it so that it can be moved around the patio.

Comment

fzxdoc Kathryn, how snug a fit is the PBC as it sits down into the the dolly? Did you find a need to brace it in the dolly or did it feel pretty much like a single unit? Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Alabama Smoke View Post
        fzxdoc Kathryn, how snug a fit is the PBC as it sits down into the the dolly? Did you find a need to brace it in the dolly or did it feel pretty much like a single unit? Tom
        I happen to have some photos. It is not snug at all, but the weight of the barrel keeps it in place. You won't feel like it is going to be falling/coming out unless you are trying to move it really fast.

Mine moves around only 4-6' at a time, so I'm not trying to move it across a long distance. Mine only moves across concrete; moving across grass probably would not work well. I like the dolly. The only quibble I have is that the bolts/nuts used to attach the castors to the frame aren't fully stainless and some of mine have developed a bit of rust. Nothing on the wheel itself, so I am not worried about it staining my patio.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-5037.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	1099261
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-5036.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	1099262

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          "not worried about it staining your patio?" Yeah, it’d be a shame to stain that black mold. 😂
          Last edited by Panhead John; September 23, 2021, 02:32 PM.

• Alabama Smoke
          Alabama Smoke commented
          Editing a comment
          Michael, thanks to much for the photos. Helps a lot. May have to get me one of these.

• Michael_in_TX
          Michael_in_TX commented
          Editing a comment
          Honestly, I have never pressure-washed the back patio as sixteen years ago I threw fertilizer with a high iron content everywhere and there are some serious rust stains that gunk is covering up.

Alabama Smoke , as Michael_in_TX described and showed in his photos, it's a good fit--not tight, but the barrel is able to easily hold its position as you move it around. It moves as a single unit around my deck. No brace or straps needed.

If you're using a temperature controller, there's just enough clearance above the rim of the dolly for the PBC adapter and the Pit Viper fan nozzle. Works just fine.

Kathryn

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
          Alabama Smoke commented
          Editing a comment
          fzxdoc, yes when I asked you about the fit to the drum, Michael had not yet posted his photos. Between his photos and your comments, it looks like a winner to me. My PBC lives under a breathable, water proof cover when not in use near my back porch, on the edge of my concrete drive way so rolling around would not be a problem. I don't move it often as I cook in the same location that it lives in while stored but I think the wheels would be nice.

Welcome from Virginia. Do not have a PBC, but there is a number of folks here who can help.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here