Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC temperatures for doing brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBC temperatures for doing brisket

I use a DigiQ system to control internal PBC temps. I've been cooking at 275 degrees. I know others use the DigiQ or other fan systems to control temps and would like to know what temps you cook your briskets at.

Thanks in advance.

I cook mine usually at around 250 until I wrap, and then set it to 225. Not sure I have any rational for that, but that's what I do

Comment

• Thomassen
      Thomassen commented
      Editing a comment
      How long is your average cook at 250?

• gatorjj
      gatorjj commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking at my notes from the last brisket, I was a little over 4 hours until I wrapped (I look for the bark to look good), and about 6 1/2 hours until it was at 203 in the flat. I was pretty happy with that one on both the point and the flat. What I couldn't tell you was how big that packer was, but usually I'm in the range of 6-8 hours depending when I have time to wrap it.

What I believe anecdotally is cutting it back to 225 after wrapping helps it even the temp out better.

PBC, PBJ, PBX!

Got that out of the way. I don't use a fan but am interested in what shows up here.

Comment

I let her ride at whatever and set my fan temp to mitigate the stall. If she settled at 250 I'd set the fan at 245, that way when those bad boys started to stall and lower the temperature of the barrel, the fan would kick in and keep things going along.

Comment

I just let it run. Usually the brisket are cooking at about 275 F. That is about perfect. You get enough time in the stall to build some great bark, and it will still poseur through the stall at a reasonable rate. I usually wrap at about 185 F, when I have the color I like.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here