Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresh chicken wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh chicken wings

About to throw some wings on the PBC. Going to use a full large chimney starter, with the excess over 40 going in the basket. Will be lighting according to instructions, but plan to leave both rebars out the entire cook to hopefully crisp up the skin. What's your best guess for total cooking time? I was thinking maybe 35-40 mins per side? Thoughts?

sounds about right for time

Comment

• NashvilleSparty
      NashvilleSparty commented
      Editing a comment
      You think both rebars out makes sense?

When I do wings on the PBC, it's both rebar out and then I crack the lid after about 15 min. They're kinda hard to screw up. I'm sure they'll be good, but I've never found reason to cook wings for an hour. They handle heat fine and come out amazing off the PBC. Good luck.

Comment

Yup... what Voodoo says!

Comment

Yea I do my wings mostly like the original PBC video... I usually have 1 rebar out here in Fl. I put Pit barrel APR on the wings, start the wings all meat side down and let then go 25 to 35 minutes until I am getting some color. Flip them all and sauce them with my latest concoction. Lid back on for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes flip them again and sauce. Now crack the lid and let go another 5 minutes or so keeping an eye on them. Man they are great wings!

Comment

I wasn't worried about screwing up from a doneness flavor standpoint. Last time I cooked them the skin was a bit rubbery and I was going for crispy this time. They turned it great!

Comment

Rubbery skin usually means you just didn't cook them long enough. Wings can tske a lot of high heat cooking sometimes to get skin crispy.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here