Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoking Bacon on the PBC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking Bacon on the PBC?

Has anyone smoked bacon on the PBC? I've got some pork belly curing right now but would like to hear about any other experiences or tips.

I received my PBC a few weeks ago but have been working many late hours. the bacon cook will likely be my first chance with the new cooker...

Search in the Pit Barrel sub-forum, I'm pretty sure Ernest has done some.

Comment

Several folks have smoked bacon in the PBC using Meathead's recipe. It will take a while to search for the posts here in The Pit. I hope that sooner/later there will be a more effective search engine available. My advice: just jump right in and do it! That's my plan as soon as I get my mitts on some pork belly.

Kathryn

Comment

I sure have....

Comment

I have as well. I think the best machine to do Bacon on is the Weber with the SNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinaker View Post
            I have as well. I think the best machine to do Bacon on is the Weber with the SNS.
            I have a SnS...but I also have about 20 pounds of bacon to do. I think the PBC might be better for a large batch.

I did my smoked meatloaf using the SnS. Still have a lot to learn, but I think I'm really going to like that gadget...

Comment

Originally posted by fzxdoc View Post
              Several folks have smoked bacon in the PBC using Meathead's recipe. It will take a while to search for the posts here in The Pit. I hope that sooner/later there will be a more effective search engine available. My advice: just jump right in and do it! That's my plan as soon as I get my mitts on some pork belly.

Kathryn
              I'll give it a shot and report back with my findings. I'm at that strange, awkward point...everybody loves what I've been able to produce, but I'm not quite sure of my skills to guarantee a solid result every time out. So I overthink everything...

Comment

• mayapoppa
                mayapoppa commented
                Editing a comment
                I know exactly what you mean... all my cooking lately has been satisfying and well-received, but I still start every cook by scouring the site and this forum to see what Meathead and this community might have to contribute!

Originally posted by Ernest View Post
              I sure have....

THAT'S what I'm lookin' for...

Comment

Just did the bacon and it came out pretty good. Maybe a bit salty. I have a bit of a learning curve with the PBC, but the product performed as advertised!

I think we're going to get along just fine...

(Pictures as soon as I figure out how to post the ...)

Comment

Good to hear, Livermoron . Your relationship with your PBC sounds like a match made in heaven. Have fun with it!

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here