Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Longer Shiny No Longer New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Longer Shiny No Longer New

Some may not agree but I just let my cookers be cookers and let the food speak for itself. Hadn't run the PBC yet "this season" and even always being covered wiping out the spider webs and clearing away leaves was somewhat necessary but no matter. A reunion with an old friend just needs to be what it is and a 6# boneless pork butt was rubbed and ready. The fire ended up a bit on the high side at 325 initially and still no worries. A couple large apple wood chunks, pork butt in lid on and after a good nap temp was at 300. Wrapped the butt at 165 and let it go to 200 and pulled to rest in a cooler for a couple hours until dinner time. No fuss, no fiddling, no electricity and a perfect 4 hour cook.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PBC.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	1051533
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PBC 4.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	1051534Click image for larger version

Name:	PBC 2.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	1051535Click image for larger version

Name:	PBC 3.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	1051536

Funny I was just thinking it's been a few months since I broke out my old friend (PBC). I'm thinking chicken will be on the PBC menu soon. Unlike a butt chicken takes a little fiddling but still what a great little cooker it is. Thanks for the inspiration.

Comment

So tempted to get a mini just for me....stinkin' forum ain't nothin' but a tease!!

Comment

• cgrover60
        cgrover60 commented
        Editing a comment
        I may do the same thing. The full size PBC is sort of overkill 95% of the time for just the wife and I.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here