Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on PBC skewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on PBC skewers

Got two 15” PBC skewers for Christmas. I need some advice.

I want to try traditional beef and vegetable skewers first. Anyone got any ideas on cut, size of cubes, and how long to expect them to cook. Of course, they would be alternated with onion and green pepper and such.

Thanks for any advice!

1.5--2 inches should work.

Comment

The cooker really doesn't make any difference when it comes to kebabs/skewers. My preference though is to do protein and veggies on their own skewers since they cook at different rates.

Comment

• Papa Bob
        Papa Bob commented
        Editing a comment
        Absolutely the only way to go vegies the same size, protean the same size much more control 😎😎😎

Yeah, doing the things on different skewers seems to be the way to go. (My sister, a chef, suggests that professional cooks can get away with it as they know how to proportionally size the items so they cook evenly on the same skewer, but they are also cooking over a very controlled heat/fire.)

It seems that with either method, leaving about 1/2" between the pieces will help even cooking as well.

For a change of pace, I've often thought about digging a small trough in a place in my backyard where the grass won't grow, throw in some sand, surround it by bricks, and have a dedicated kabab "grill." Just balance the skewers on the bricks and turn often until done.

Comment

• Papa Bob
        Papa Bob commented
        Editing a comment
        I would do that tomorrow 😎😎😎

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here