Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket Flat report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket Flat report

Did a brisket flat from Wegman's today. My first attempt at beef on the PBC. Lit per fzxdoc instructions in the sticky, which seems to give me the most predictable temps. Dunno the trimmed weight, but it was smallish...maybe 5 or 6 pounds. PBC's Beef and Game rub, no dry brine. Hung the flat at 1 pm. Internal temp was 160 after two hours. Wrapped in foil with a half cup of beer, and placed on the grate. Temp went over 200 around 6 pm. Pulled it and let it sit an hour, wrapped, until dinner. Sliced it thin and made sliders with fresh salsa. Yummy. Wife said: "I should have bought you a smoker 20 years ago."

Nothing super special, just more good food on the Pit Barrel.

Chris

Awesome, looks great too, nice smoke ring!

Comment

Originally posted by Crunchy View Post
      Wife said: "I should have bought you a smoker 20 years ago."

Nothing super special, just more good food on the Pit Barrel.

Chris
      Wow, sounds and looks like a real winner of a cook, Chris Crunchy . Congrats!

I always love seeing a pretty smoke ring. Can't help myself.

Great words from your wife. It's what we all want to hear from our spouses/sig. others. My husband says about the PBC: "How can something so little make such great food?" At least I think he was talking about the PBC and not me. Maybe I need to spin that comment.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here