Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's been a long time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a long time...

It's Father's day and I'm cooking something in my PBC for the first time in over a year. I'm an exercise in short-attention span theatre as work and another hobby has occupied my time. But I was in new hampshire a month ago and I walked into a hardware store to do a little job for my Aunt's house near the coast... and LOOK at what I found:

Click image for larger version

Name:	BnBcharcoal.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	1048062

In NEW HAMPSHIRE of all places... a few years back they had B&B lump (which I thought was quite good...) and after Jonesing after this stuff for soooooo long from Jarrod's descriptions I was VERY jazzed about FINALLY getting my hands on some. (my other favorite, Humphreys' is very hard to come by too). I'm running four racks of ribs on this in the pbc right now.

Nice DENSE big square briqs... hard to light... used 42 royal oak briqs to fire it up....

I've missed this place....

Yeah I would typically put somewhat of a layer of Kingsford on top to get things going. Love them dudes...sniff...sniff

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
      Yeah I would typically put somewhat of a layer of Kingsford on top to get things going. Love them dudes...sniff...sniff
      I did use some while up in NH... they are SLOWWW lighting in a chimney! But they DO light at least!

Once again no big initial spike, but the temp is holding ROCK STEADY at 223F for over two hours... Its' a very breezy day but zero movement on the temperature. I'm very very jazzed!

Comment

Awesome JPP.
        It’s about damn time you got back here. 😁

That being said I am putting on two racks myself on my PBC. First time doing this as I just recently got this cooker from my brother.

Cheers 🍻

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          You gonna hang em or use the grate? Let us know with pics how they turn out.
          Last edited by Panhead John; June 20, 2021, 05:45 PM.

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Panhead John I hung them. Double hooked.
          3 ribs and I think after the sixth rib.
          Sorry no pics.
          Was my first go round with the PBC. So obviously a learning curve for a new cooker.

But overall they were pretty good. Not great but good.

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Steve B Yeah, definitely a learning curve first time. My first time hanging ribs was similar, good but not great. I cooked mine a little too long and as a result they were fall off the bone tender. For me, I prefer a little tug to the meat.

The best briquettes for BTU, flavor, and longevity

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here