Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Junior Misbehaved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junior Misbehaved!

I hung my Fireboard from PBJrs' side handle. I had the lid cracked after the cook to use up the fuel more quickly and I guess the magnets stuck to the barrel. Close call- It's still working- got it just in time.
    Attached Files

good save!

Comment

Yowzer!

I pull the basket out with a rake and put in my Weber kettle to extinguish and reuse anything left. Yes I am cheap.
      Last edited by HawkerXP; June 7, 2021, 05:24 PM. Reason: a

Comment

• Bob's BBQ
        Bob's BBQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Bones - I may need to steal that one!

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Bob's BBQ Feel free to make it yer own, I stole it years ago!!!

• Steve B
        Steve B commented
        Editing a comment
        Good idea HawkerXP Didn't think of that. It sure is a waste if you're doing a short cook like chicken.

Yikes - good save. I did that to a Thermopen some years ago and it still worked too. I did finally replace it though. But I don't know how I wound up with three of them...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Only three?
        Yer doin quite well, takin Th Program Seriously, Brother!

Yikes!

Comment

Ouch! Glad it still works!

I did something stupid myself along these lines. I had my Thermoworks Smoke on the side table of my grill, along with a pan. I removed a HOT cooking grate and set it on the pan temporarily, not realizing it was also resting on the face and screen of my Smoke... luckily, when I sent it in to Thermoworks expecting to pay to get it refurbished, they replaced the entire case for free, and sent it back to me with a bag of Jelly Bellies...

Comment

• Steve B
          Steve B commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice. You can’t beat that one.

Yes, we've all done something silly. Just last week I smoked a pork belly, and there was fat dripping into my thermoworks billows the whole time. Takes a bit to clean that up...

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Ouch! Can you solve that with a drip pan or something next time?

• UncleSpike
          UncleSpike commented
          Editing a comment
          Ya. We'll be a bit more strategic next time...

Whoa. Glad to hear the Fireboard is still working though.

I think building a cart for the PBC so I have a place to safely sit my Fireboard is a bit higher on the project list now.

Comment

Bit a BBQ sauce and it’ll taste just fine

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here