Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did a Tri-Tip PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a Tri-Tip PBC

I got a 3 lb. and 2.5 lb. Tri-tip at Costco and wanted to give it a try on the PBC. The meat looked great with some decent marbling.

I seasoned it with a bit of Montreal, which I love.

I put the meat in and it was at 250 degree for the first 5 minutes. It eventually made it's way to 259 degrees solid for the whole cook.

The PBC video suggested 45 minutes, but I did a probe and it was no where near done. I kept it in for about 90 minutes. I took it out and wrapped it, then moved it into the faux for about another 45 minutes.

The meat was so juicy and tender. After cutting into it, it seemed like a bunch of juices was coming out, but the meat was so moist you couldn't tell.

It was delicious!

Right out of the PBC

Comment

Honestly, it was rested !

Also, it looks medium but it cooked long enough. The wife and some of the kids there wanted it medium well. Everyone ate it all.
      Last edited by sfbay; August 18, 2015, 12:18 AM.

Comment

• bbqoaf
        bbqoaf commented
        Editing a comment
        This meat is gorgeous! In terms of pink from crust to crust you nailed it, nice work.

that looks awesome! i can't wait to do tri-tip again

Comment

Now you made me hungry... Good Job!

Comment

Wow that looks delicious, sfbay . Congrats on a great cook--and for trusting your thermometer!

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here