Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picnic shoulder, first time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Papa Bob
    commented on 's reply
    Isn't it a butt with part of the front leg attached and still the same thickness, should cook the amount of time and render more collagen if wrapped and you get that liquid gelation for your pork jus

• Ernest
    commented on 's reply
    DWCowles LOL!! It can do low and slow but needs tinkering with. I did bacon at 200 degrees. I sent the PBC folks the process.
    I think the PBC would suit you best.

• DWCowles
    commented on 's reply
    Not if it doesn't cook low & slow like 225ish for 12 hrs. Now if I want to stay up and drink cold brew and have fun I fire the Lil Monster up Ernest

• Ernest
    commented on 's reply
    DWCowles but it's more authentic than pellets cookers.

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Even with a hot burning charcoal, you hang 5 briskets in that dude, you got low and slow.

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    commented on 's reply
    My opinion the PBC is worthless if you can't cook low & slow with it Ernest

• Crunchy
    commented on 's reply
    This calls for research. Lots of research. ;D

• Ernest
    replied
    Crunchy the PBC is not meant for low and slow. So your 290 was typical comfort zone for the PBC.
    If you want low and slow you'll have to tinker with it
    What I have noticed is that the bottom vent is close to useless for dialing in temperature.

Leave a comment:

• Crunchy
    commented on 's reply
    Henrik, where would you make that cut? Great big bone running through this thing.

• Crunchy
    commented on 's reply
    So right. Next time.

• Crunchy
    commented on 's reply
    I'm now a fan. I'd definitely do it again. I was interested to see the variety of meat types/textures once it was done. Lots of white meat, as you say. Some nice fatty parts, which were delicious, if not super healthy. Yummy crust. Also a small area near the big bone that I tossed...it just looked grey and tough. Maybe I scorched it when I started so hot...

• smarkley
    commented on 's reply
    Beautiful!

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Great pics!!

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    The following was all that was needed to know it was delicious....

Pit Barrel Cooker.

Leave a comment:

• Crunchy
    replied

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here