Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schmancy paper bag trick works nicely with bluefish on PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schmancy paper bag trick works nicely with bluefish on PBC

I smoked some bluefish fillets on the PBC tonight. I didn't want a big mess on the grill grate, so I borrowed the paper bag trick from Meathead's Schmancy Smoked Salmon Recipe. Worked nicely. No mess on the grill, and the bluefish skin peeled off the fillets with the paper when they were done. Fish turned out great, and cleanup was easy.

Good to hear. I loved that paper bag trick.

Comment

Good to know. I wish we could get bluefish in our part of the country. My DH loves it.

Kathryn

Comment

• Crunchy
        Crunchy commented
        Editing a comment
        It's readily available here and many people don't appreciate it. Shortly after I moved to the Boston area years ago, a crusty old fishmonger actually tried to talk me out of buying bluefish. "You don't want that, son. Look at this nice piece of scrod," he said. "Sir, I like fish that taste like fish," I said. "If I wanted chicken, I'd order chicken."

• JPP
        JPP commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not sure about the un-appreciated part... at the local "Sudbury Farms" every time they have bluefish, by the time I get there after work, it's almost always all gone... could be the ludicrous prices they charge for other fish (farm raised salmon this week at over ten a pound!). Unfortunately they're the only game in town near me that ever seems to have the stuff.

Hmmmm.... wonder how striper would work with that....

Comment

Striper is pretty good, but it doesn't have enough fat for my taste.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here