Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC XL - July 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBC XL - July 2021

PBC XL is apparently coming in July. Not sure if this is old news or not.
    Attached Files

Original PBC, junior PBC, XL PBC
    when will we see XXL PBC, Petite PBC?

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Only if we're lucky! lol

PentaPBC. Five arranged in a circle whereby you stand in the middle to access. Two units swing out to allow inner circle access.

Comment

XL PBC! XL PBC! XL PBC!

Somehow this just doesn’t have the same ring to it.

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Give it time.

Oh man. I'm so ready!

Comment

I thought the dimensions of the PBC were supposed to be optimal? From the review:

Pit Barrel President, Noah Glanville explains: "We found that a 30 gallon drum provides a cooking environment that produces the better product every time. I can't explain the scientific reason for this. I can tell you we have gone through 29 different prototypes with different size drums and vent adjustments every way you can imagine."

Once again we ran this by Dr. Blonder, asking if there is any reason the smaller drum would be superior. "Absolutely makes sense." he replied, "The reason the Pit Barrel works is simple, heat rises. So you have a hot fire at the bottom, and hot air that rises to the top; which basically evens out the temperature profile to more or less constant top to bottom. Hang the meat vertically so the hot air is not blocked, and it's the perfect oven - unless there are convection cells that mess up this even profile. Imagine a really wide cooker. Hot air would rise, bump into the cooler lid, cool off and sink, forming a rotating convection cell that lowers air temp at the lid and creates unpredictable turbulence. But as you narrow the diameter of the cooker, it becomes harder and harder for air to make the turn and descend. Sounds like 30 gallons is the dividing line between stable and unstable flow."

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Is the XL the exact same design as the regular, just larger in diameter?

• dtresca
          dtresca commented
          Editing a comment
          They had to put that because they didn't offer the larger barrel!

• Polarbear777
          Polarbear777 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I noticed this too. A similar comment on here when they had him on the happy hour last year.

I've never felt I didn't have enough room in mine to do whatever I wanted. With so many 55 gallon ugly drums around there's obviously a market for a larger cooker.

Comment

I think they wanted to capitalize on the larger barrel market and is why they are coming out with one. I'm sure they have also had a lot of requests for a bigger model. I don't see myself getting this XL version. If I was going bigger, I would probably go with a Hunsaker barrel.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here