Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thermoworks billows and the PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thermoworks billows and the PBC

Does it work with the PBC?

You can make any combination of temp controller and fan work with a PBC as long as you get the correct adapter. The question is why bother? The whole point of a PBC is to just let it do its thing.

Comment

Makes it a little harder to admit I use one with my PBC, but I do

I've had the PBC for about 5 years and the Billows for about a year. I was fine without it, but it does bring more predictability to the cooks and I seem to get a lot better wood smoke flavor with it (both improvements I was hoping for with it).

I changed how I start it, only start with about 12 coals dumped in opposite side from the fan so it doesn't start as hot and the fan needs to blow some for a while and the wood burns up a lot better. It usually ends up settling in around 250-260 eventually without blowing unless I set it hotter.

I do miss the pure simplicity aspect a little bit and it's definitely not a "must-have" but I couldn't resist getting it to try along with the Signals. I'm happy with the whole combo (fan control, app, and of course the PBC!).

J.J.

Comment

I don't need one on my Pellet grill, but I thought the fun of the PBC, and other grills were tending to the fire.

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          I knew I liked you for more then PBR! Thanks.

• pkadare
          pkadare commented
          Editing a comment
          Stick burners, yes, PBC, definitely not.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here