Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC, Guru fan, Fireboard 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBC, Guru fan, Fireboard 1

Up here in Vermont keeping a steady temperature over a low and slow cook is a challenge. Ambient temperatures vary widely. In addition, I want to smoke in below zero temperatures.

So, I bit the bullet and bought a Guru fan and proper cabling to go along with the Fireboard 1 that I already had.

It works great. Once the temperature settles don't it hold to less than plus/minus 3 degrees F.

The cable adapter from Fireboard is crazy expensive for what you get, and almost expensive enough to make upgrading to the Fireboard 2 a good option. You don't need the cable adapter for the Fireboard 2.

Feel free to send me any questions. I used the information on this forum to get the confidence to pull the trigger.

Eric

Welcome to The Pit Eric.

Comment

Welcome.

Calibration tests with no food to characterize settings. All using a level basket of KBB, and subset of that ignited by PBC chimney and lid clamped on immediately. I’m sure things will change with food load, but gives an idea how settings may affect things. Ambient temp was 30-40F. Altitude is sea level. Temperature at cook

Comment

Salutations from Hays, Kansas!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Enjoy the Fireboard!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! We like pictures here. Some of us have a PBC. Would love to see your setup in action.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. I'm glad the temp controller setup on your PBC is working well for you. It's a huge convenience, for sure.

Can you post a photo? I'm guessing you used a BBQ Guru XL Grill Dome Adapter for the barrel opening and Pit Viper fan which you attach to the original Fireboard's drive cable?

Kathryn

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm in Florida for a month getting away from the last of the Vermont winter. Of course, pictures when I get back.

As an aside, I was considering the Masterbuilt Gravity Series but there seems to be so many problems on the Facebook group that I'll stick with the PBC.

Eric

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here