Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC S’mores Dip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBC S’mores Dip

I posted this on the recipes site, then thought it would be easier for all the PBC users to see it here.

We had our grandkids for a two-night spring break sleepover, the first time they’ve been in our house in over a year. I did ribs one night and burgers the next, but y’all have seen my and everyone else’s ribs and burgers. But...I want to share this recipe from the PBC website. Did it after the ribs (which my granddaughter said were 10 out of 10, btw). When two middle schoolers say it’s better than s’mores, that’s a big deal and a win for Pop. It was awesome! You gotta try it on the PBC, but it will no doubt work on any cooker.

https://pitbarrelcooker.com/blogs/fo...let-smores-dip
    ​​​​​​​

That's delightful!

And this is a perfect PBC thing....the PBC, of course, is hard to snuff out the coals, so this is perfect for getting use out of that "leftover" heat!

Comment

• Soonerpop
      Soonerpop commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly. Dipped a little of the leftover tonight.

What Michael_in_TX said.

Thanks for the link, Soonerpop .

Kathryn

Comment

PBC, PBC, PBC!

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        I keep getting the impression you are a fan of PBC.
        Not sure why. If you will, please explain why anyone would want a PBC when there are Traegers.

OMG....
      I often make up a quick cobbler, or something similar, to take advantage of the residual heat from a cook...
      This is next level 😋👍

Comment

Wow, I bet this is incredible.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          I read your Thesis on the sugar post and had to take notes to get an embodiment of the message.

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          At least someone reads what i type. Jerod Broussard

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          Spinaker - you typed somethin'??

How's the foot Soonerpop

Didn't reckon you'd be advanced in age enough to have grandkids.

Comment

• Soonerpop
          Soonerpop commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, the Achilles still doesn’t stretch like it did, but no pain. It causes my calf to cramp sometimes, I guess because it works differently. Otherwise, I’m doing what I’ve always done—but with a limp.

• Soonerpop
          Soonerpop commented
          Editing a comment
          And, yes, grandkids are in middle and high school, respectively. Doesn’t seem possible to me either.

Wow looks great, will have to give it a try.

Comment

Yikes! Gotta try that! So since I don't have a PBC - what temp would this be in another cooker? I can't remember what temps PBCs like to run at

Comment

• Alabama Smoke
            Alabama Smoke commented
            Editing a comment
            Probably 275 to 300, assuming those leftover coals are still burning well.

• Soonerpop
            Soonerpop commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, maybe a little less if it’s at the very end. Don’t think you can mess it up.

Weber posted this the other day on their IG account…
          https://www.instagram.com/reel/CZAjZ...dium=copy_link

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here