Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hate lifting or dragging to move my PBC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate lifting or dragging to move my PBC.

I keep my PBC in the garage and either lift and carry it or drag it out to the driveway to cook. I'm to lazy to want to do that all the time. Has anyone added wheels, casters or put on some kind of dolly so it can be rolled out?
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; August 2, 2015, 07:20 AM. Reason: PCB = PBC

Found a dolly for a 30 gal drum for 27 $ have on wish list. Don't think the heat will affect the wheels.

Comment

I got wheels on mine. One locks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	apbcstand2.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	100273 Click image for larger version

Name:	APBCstand1.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	100274

Comment

• mackdaddy
        mackdaddy commented
        Editing a comment
        Like it.

• New2Cue
        New2Cue commented
        Editing a comment
        Those lockable casters look awesome. I might try that.

The heat isn't too much on the wheels?

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        No problems. I have an ash pan under my charcoal basket so not much heat is getting to the wheels.

I bought a 2 ft square of plywood, cut off the corners to an octagon, mounted 4 casters, and painted. Mounted the PBC base on it with a couple of pipe clamps on the horse shoes to keep it stable. No heat problems with the paint. No metal work; inexpensive, non-permament. Rolls great.
      Last edited by Doc Hazard; August 2, 2015, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here