Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burch Barrell? Anyone heard of this!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burch Barrell? Anyone heard of this!?!

My oldest son and his wife were at my house for a visit. I had done some SLC and chicken on my KBQ then seared the chicken on a Big Green Egg.
    They were both curious on what I thought was a good grill/smoker. I told them I liked the BGE. Great grill, ok smoker.
    Anyway, my daughter in law sent me a message as asked about the Burch Barrell

Burch Supply Co. offers premium outdoor gear for enthusiasts. From our iconic barrel grills to outdoor essentials, we provide quality products for unforgettable outdoor experiences. Gear up for adventure with Burch Supply Co., your go-to for reliable outdoor equipment.

I told her I would like into it. My initial glance - interesting idea, a bit large and lots of marketing.

I thought I would check with the AmazingRibs folk. Anyone heard of this new grill/smoker? Anyone actually own one?

Thoughts? Recommendations

(Where's Max when you need him ;-)

Hmmm. It's certainly intriguing, but to me, more as a camping grill or somewhere that the tripod design helps you stabilze it and maybe keep the hot stuff off the ground. For home use, on a patio or deck, that tripod will have too big a footprint. And... no side tables, which is one reason I got rid of a standard Weber kettle, keeping my Weber Performer Deluxe. And at only 18", space is pretty tight if cooking for a family. I don't see enough height in the lid for an elevated level rack like most kamados or even a kettle allow for.

I would say if they want to grill and smoke, and depending on their budget, my personal feeling is you don't get more bang for the buck than with a Weber kettle, or the new SnSGrills Kettle. I am spoiled by the large work table, charcoal storage, and propane ignition on my Weber Performer Deluxe, and it is the grill I would keep if I could only have one - there are so many relatively affordable addons for 22" kettles - rotisseries, pizza ovens, the SNS of course, griddles, santa maria attachments, it goes on and on. I smoke on it more than on my offset. Lately I GRILL more on my flat top than anything else. For me, the ideal setup would be a charcoal kettle or kamado, and a flat top grill. You can grill or smoke on the kettle, and sear/grill/griddle on the flat top.

Back to the Burch Barrel - to me it seems more something you set out in your yard in liue of a fire pit, but the size is limiting at 18". If you want a fire pit, get a fire pit...

Comment

We're supposed to reviewing this just dunno when. It was offered to me to review earlier this year and I declined due to time constraints but I believe it's on the list. I'll check with Max and find out if so or if that's changed.

Comment

Looks like a fancy suspended PBC.

Comment

Our review is almost complete. Stay tuned!

Comment

• JGrana
            JGrana commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Max, I was hoping you would jump in!

I think I want one. 😬

Comment

Just wondering how to do a pizza on there. I think it might be a learning curve, but I really like the setup. Let’s see what Max says, I’m ready to down size the amount of grills I have already. It would make my wife happy too!

Comment

The easiest thing for her to do is get herself a trial membership, and just ask, "What smoker should I buy?"
              That question always get a fast, clear, and concise answer.

Comment

• glitchy
                glitchy commented
                Editing a comment
                Duh, it’s buy one of each...definitely fast, easy, and concise.

• glitchy
                glitchy commented
                Editing a comment
                ...except the one’s Max and Huskee put ‘Not recommended’ labels on of course

I am working on finishing up the review on this now. I should have it too Max at the end of the weekend fo editing. Stay tuned.

So far, I am a fan. They are really fun to own and they work pretty well. They do some things better than others, but they are always fun to use.

Here are a few preview pics!
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7876.jpeg
Views:	879
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	942818Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7904.jpeg
Views:	848
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	942819

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7911.jpeg
Views:	839
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	942820

Comment

• Mojo0209
                Mojo0209 commented
                Editing a comment
                Can’t wait! Looks really cool to me.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here