Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone built one of these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone built one of these?

I am considering buying one of these kits for my buddy fir Christmas. I want to ask about the quality. I have a Gateway for reference. How nice are these?

Mudkat built one awhile back. Haven't seen him here lately. I will be camping with him at the end of the month. I'll let him know your looking for help.

Comment

My brother built one from a kit. He has trouble maintaining temp.

Comment

Hey SavageSmoke - I did build a UDS from scratch, not a kit. I used the smoke stack intake tubes, exhaust pipe,and lid handle from UDSParts.com so I can only speak on them. The parts are great quality and the company was good until someone hacked their servers and stole customer accounts. So there’s that.

Big drum smokers are good smokers. I would think they are just bigger versions of bullet smokers or a PBC. They hold a lot of food and can hold steady temps for long periods of time once you get the hang of them. I can burn 18 - 20 lbs. in mine for entire brisket cooks without having to add charcoal. I think longest cook I’ve done on it is 15 hours give or take. I am sure it could go longer than that.

I have never used up all the cooking real estate on the two grill grates in mine. Usually the top grate is enough for my cooks.

As far as a Christmas gift goes the cool factor on these goes way up! Who wouldn’t want a UDS BBQ kit for Christmas? Hope this helps!

HawkerXP Are we going on Saturday or Tuesday? 😀
        Last edited by Mudkat; October 12, 2020, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment

Man, you should get that 30 gallon drum kit, and put a couple set of holes near the top to run rebar so you can hang meat......oh, wait.....

​​​​
        ​​​​

Comment

• SavageSmoke
          SavageSmoke commented
          Editing a comment
          😂😂😂

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here