Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fornetto Basso Charcoal Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    Ok, found it at 2 Lowe’s within driving distance for $103 on clearance... thinking about it. Might get it to gift my son for Christmas.

• Uncle Bob
    commented on 's reply
    Jim, can't help but wonder if someone wanted one if hitting up their local manager for a price match thing would work, just enter the zip for my area and show the advertised price.

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    Seems like a great deal. My Lowe's still has it for $189, if the webpage is to be believed. I was in there over the weekend, and it was still full price then.

• Uncle Bob
    replied
    Always willing to stoke the MCS fires for someone, thought I'd pass along a clearance pricing notice on this Fornetto Basso unit. Lowe's has it on clearance pricing at $135 this week. I don't know if that's a regional or national thing, but there you are. For the quality and features, that seem a heck of a deal.

Leave a comment:

• Deano_Smokes
    commented on 's reply
    Oh yeah, complete rip off. It's very solid though and have had a fair few cooks on it with no issues so far

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    Well, it is an almost exact copy then, if you compare the pictures of the Napoleon and Fornetto cookers.

• Deano_Smokes
    replied
    Originally posted by smokin fool View Post
    Wondering out loud if Napoleon is importing/reping for this company rather than developing/building/marketing there own bullet smoker.
    I emailed proq (who make the Napoleon stuff) and they said that Fornetto aren't anything to do with them. I only emailed them as I was researching my purchase of a fornetto Razzo before I pulled the trigger.
    Last edited by Deano_Smokes; July 6, 2020, 05:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    I've looked at it in person several times, including this weekend. Seems well built, and priced nicely. I think you can use methods for charcoal lighting that apply to the WSM 18 with this cooker.

• smokin fool
    replied
    Wondering out loud if Napoleon is importing/reping for this company rather than developing/building/marketing there own bullet smoker.

Leave a comment:

• BigBry
    replied
    Interesting, since I just stumbled on the Canadian version of this smoker on Lowe’s Canadian website. For 20$ CDN more than a 14.5 WSM, I could get this 18 in. one. From want I found out, it’s (here in Canada) a rebranded Fornetto.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    Ground Chuck - the Basso, like the WSM, has a fuel access door on the size. Its smaller on the Basso, but you can probably toss some more coals in there. The Bronco is like the PBC, in that you have to add fuel from the top. Of those two, I think I like the Bronco best if it is in budget. We have several folks here that really like them. Most cooks can be done on a single load in the Bronco I think.

• Ground Chuck
    commented on 's reply
    He's narrowed it down to the Basso and the Bronco. I've never used either style but was trying to tell him pros and cons. You don't have to take everything out to add fuel to a WSM do you? I'm thinking he may not have to refuel but once when he gets the hang of it. Until then I could see him adding fuel two or three times (or needed to relight for instance). Any other advice? Think cooking capacity could be fairly close between the two. Appreciate all of your help by the way!

• Ground Chuck
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, brother!!

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    Go read my questions about the Camp Chef here:

Ok folks, now, you know I am just window shopping here, but at some point this summer, I am going to add a "budget" smoker to my kit, as I have FINALLY cleared 3 cookers out of the backyard and off to the various kids houses as they got married and/or got houses all this year. I'm on tap to do pulled pork and pulled

The gas smokers to consider are the Smoke Vault 18 or 24, or the Masterbuilt that has thermostatic control. Max Good has good reviews of both on the free side.

• Ground Chuck
    commented on 's reply
    Back to Google I go!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here