Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First smoke on the Bronco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First smoke on the Bronco

I've been eyeing the Oklahoma Joe's Bronco for a while and saw it in Walmart this weekend for $184 so brought one home. Seasoned it this morning and chucked a chuck roast on. Seasoned with salt and pepper and cooked for seven hours at 225F to an internal temp of 180F. Fantastic smokey flavour, the family devoured it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	B5DC4063-A318-4305-8FCF-D2A804F13FC4.jpeg
Views:	409
Size:	272.1 KB
ID:	725850

Great buy!!!

Comment

Nothin’ wrong with a little stick burnin’ !! Nice lookin’ Chuckie

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        The Bronco is a barrel smoker.

• ComfortablyNumb
        ComfortablyNumb commented
        Editing a comment
        Jerod Broussard He knew that, he was just testing you. At least that's his story and he's stickin' to it! ;-)

Good job!

Comment

Congrats on the cooker and the cook.

Comment

Great lookin cook! But, where’s the Bronco! We wanna see the Bronco!

Comment

• MichaelF
            MichaelF commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll upload some pics later FireMan.

Here you go FireMan

Name:	IMG_0500.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	726094

Name:	IMG_0501.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	726097

Charcoal basket and ash tray:

Name:	IMG_0502.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	726096

Meat hanging setup:

Name:	IMG_0504.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	726095

I used high temp sealant between the two barrel halves and at the bottom where the air intake connects. We'll see how it works as I've read other owners complaining about grease leakage from those areas.

Comment

• MichaelF
            MichaelF commented
            Editing a comment
            geoNaCl it's fine so far. I've had no leakage from the barrel. Have done a few cooks in it and very happy with the results!

• geoNaCl
            geoNaCl commented
            Editing a comment
            MichaelF Interestingly, mine came with the two drum halves already fastened together. I didn't set about to separate them, and on my first few runs, I think the temperature has been pretty easy to control.

• MichaelF
            MichaelF commented
            Editing a comment
            geoNaCl mine were fastened together too. I used the sealant on the gap due to reports from others of grease leakage.

Nice! Congrats!

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Another Barrelhead! Welcome to the club!

Nice looking cooker and cook!

Comment

Looks like Okie Joe’s is servin somethin rill nice & yer hittin it out!
            Thanks for the pics, really cool!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here