Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Permission to buy one. Looking at WSM or PBC or other suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a delightful position to be in!!

Comment

In the end I decided between this weber 26 and the Primo XL I didn't need a WSM which I had always assumed I would get one day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171029_221241.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	684487

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180608_185200.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	684488

Comment

• AverageJoe
        AverageJoe commented
        Editing a comment
        I have all the wants lol. A kettle is definitely in the future just have to do one want at a time right now. I was looking at the Primos, but that is just a touch out of my price range as of right now. One nice thing though is when I do get another Kamado my current one, I shall name him Fred, will be going to the family cabin in the CO mountains to live out his life. Mainly because I don't want to get rid of him, but I am currently restricted to the amount of cookers I can have per the wife.

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        That's what I do too. When I upgrade the old unit goes to the cabin. It's a great system.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Great ideas, Brothers...now, my next MCS addition might well be a cabin!

Attjack AverageJoe

Just got the confirmation email that my brand spanky new PBC is supposed to arrive on Friday. Hopefully the darn tornados will calm down enough for it to arrive in one piece and on time.

Comment

You’ll love the PBC. It cooks all things well, especially chicken. As previously mentioned, don’t worry about temp when cooking on it, which is incredibly difficult but does afford a certain level of "peace of mind".

Comment

• AverageJoe
          AverageJoe commented
          Editing a comment
          au4stree I have been perusing their videos that they have on their website. Looking forward to it enough that I already have a turkey in the fridge starting to thaw. There is a local farmers market that sells them and their supplies as well that is just down the road so I can go grab the hanger. I also have a buddy that has been doing his own home brined and smoked bacon on the PBC so I will be getting some tips from him as well.

Congrats on the new PBC and thank you for your service! I have a PBC and a WSM 22.5. Both are amazing cookers but different. I use the PBC exclusively for chicken halves, Tri-tip, turkey, baby back ribs and smoked meatballs! Haven’t tried brisket or pork shoulder but you’re gonna love it!

Comment

I don't think you will regret the PBC at all, but for sheer capacity, I've swung into the WSM 22" camp. I do so many cooks of butts, and you can fit 6 on the WSM 22, but only 2 on a PBC. The reason I would want another smoker is to be bigger than the capacity of my 22" kettle + SNS, and more efficient than my antique offset (it can hold 6 or so butts).

What the PBC does have going for it to me is that hotter, more humid environment, leading to much much faster cooks than I see most of the time with my cookers. I would love it for that if nothing else.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here