Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new Oklahoma Joe Bronco drum cooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new Oklahoma Joe Bronco drum cooker

Anyone have experience with this cooker? They look relatively new to market. $299 at Lowe's. I guess Lowes wanted a competitor to the PBC at Home Depot.

The Oklahoma Joe’s® Bronco Drum Smoker gives more so you get more. More precision and more control to an authentic smoking experience.

Last edited by au4stree; June 18, 2019, 06:42 AM. Reason: edited link

Well, this cooker is off to a great start....

Yes, I'm bored today and look at grill/bbq stuff when I can't outside and play....

Comment

I got my charbroil kamander for 50 bucks because of their screw up. Remember the plastic intake? Maybe charbroil will tank their price again lol. Odd though they hadled the problem with the plastic intakes properly, time will tell.

Comment

• Max Good
        Max Good commented
        Editing a comment
        Char-Broil should send you a replacement metal intake system no charge. Call them. We are testing Bronco now. The current version does not have a plastic intake system.

• tenphases
        tenphases commented
        Editing a comment
        Max Good yes sir when I called they sent me new parts right away. Good experience & thumbs up to chat broil.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!! Portable. Hmmmmm

May just wait for the 3rd edition.

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        I know right ?

Saw one of these in Walmart today. It looks solid and has some nice features like the ability to raise the basket up underneath the grill as well as adjustable intake/chimney. Priced at $294. Hmmmmm, must, resist, MCS.

Comment

I get an invalid link but this one seems to work: https://www.oklahomajoes.com/bronco-drum-smoker

Looks nice! Great to see competition. I like the flip lid & wheels, trash can style.

Comment

I'm not sure I see a big problem.
          YES it is manufactured wrong. But isn't the 3/4'' that does cover going to be enough when it is bolted to the cooker? I must be missing something.
          Last edited by Cheef; March 3, 2019, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• MichaelF
            MichaelF commented
            Editing a comment
            The one I saw had the original fitting and it does seem fine. I did see a video on YT that they're now shipping a new style with two collars instead.

I saw one of these today at Walmart and thought it looked like a Barrelhouse Cooker and a Gateway had a baby.

Comment

Kosmo's Q cooked a brisket in this about a month ago and seemed to like it. He noticed the gap in the air snorkel and said that they were going to send him a fix for the issue. Linking the YouTube video below at 5:10 in the video he mentioned it. I am wondering if they are shipping out replacements to people that have gotten the older version. They are also doing a "Pro" Version they are releasing in July that is going to have a 21.5 inch cooking surface. Would like to see a breakdown review of this by the keeper of the flame.

Comment

• BRic
            BRic commented
            Editing a comment
            I saw that video when he smoked the ribs , He was impressed .
            Last edited by BRic; May 14, 2019, 12:59 PM.

Just saw one of these today. Very tempting. The snorkel pipe fit fine, so it must be a "second edition"
          While I am patiently waiting for Weber to drop the price on the summit charcoal to what I am willing to spend on it (1K) I may get one of these.

Comment

• Surly Viking
            Surly Viking commented
            Editing a comment
            Max Good - Can I get a preview or first impression of what you think? I'd hate to buy one if the review is gonna pronounce it terrible. I know PBC is thought of very highly, but I am looking for something I will not need to modify.

• Max Good
            Max Good commented
            Editing a comment
            Test results are very good. As of now, we feel Bronco is a winner.

• Surly Viking
            Surly Viking commented
            Editing a comment
            Max Good aka Keeper of the Flame.
            Thanks! I just ordered one and will have it Friday.
            I will still buy a weber summit charcoal if they ever drop the price by $500...
            More Toys!

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here