Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In defense of "junior" sized 14" drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done.

Comment

That’s one Awesome tie job on that yard bird 🤓

Comment

Great use of space! Great looking chicken! Now you got me wanting to learn ballotine!

Comment

• IowaGirl
          IowaGirl commented
          Editing a comment
          Having watched several other videos for deboning a chicken, I can say the video by Chef Pepin is da bomb. He clearly explains and shows what he's doing every step of the way and his method is simple and efficient. I have yet to do this, but Pepin's video is going to be my reference when I do.

• RobertC
          RobertC commented
          Editing a comment
          IowaGirl, Pepin does a couple of subtle moves that really help. When he peels off the breast after cutting through the wing joint, he rotates his hand, "wrapping" the breast around his fist, to maintain full leverage. If you try to pull straight out, it's harder. His hand position for the "lollipops" makes that much easier. Evening out the top of the breast makes the ballotine more cylindrical.

• IowaGirl
          IowaGirl commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the tips RobertC -- I'll be sure to pay attention to his body language when I review this video. Probably right before I try this myself and end up utterly mangling the poor bird. But that's okay -- just part of the learning process. As a friend says, "Practice makes better!"

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here