Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barbecook? Anybody? I think I want this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barbecook? Anybody? I think I want this!

Click image for larger version

Name:	zinger.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	603523

Barbecook Smoker XL. Smoking is a method that has been used for centuries to allow food to be preserved longer or to impart flavour to food

Take a look. Good design? Thoughts?

looks like a lot going on there, weber knock off!

Comment

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      In Europe, Barbecook isn't the knock-off, Weber is, apparently.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      Like Lays is Walkers or like 2 different companies and 1 did it first?

Like marshall says a lot going on there but I'm sure it has it's uses and could be quite the cooker once you had it out for a couple runs!

Comment

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm getting dizzy looking at how many gaskets it might need..

One of the things I've never liked about my WSM is that there is no mechanism to lock the sections together which is very handy when you want to move it around.
    I believe the Napolean version of a bullet smoker (Apollo) also has latches so you can lock sections together and has hinged doors and section handles like the Barbecook has.

Comment

Neato cooker!

Comment

• JGo37
      JGo37 commented
      Editing a comment
      It looks that way, doesn't it?

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Sho Do...

Barbie?? So is that thing 6" tall.

Comment

Not only does it look like a good BBQ but it looks kind of like one of the magic tricks I got as a kid. You have a guest put a brined chicken in one level. Have them guess which compartment the chicken is in, and no matter what they chose, the chicken has magically disappeared but will reappear at a different level.

Comment

• JGo37
        JGo37 commented
        Editing a comment
        There's just too many pieces to post all the configurations. I'm hoping folks actually use the link.

Reminds me of those cars in the 60's that were also boats...

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        I used the link and it looks legit. It is what reminded me of the fuzzy ball magic trick.

Barbecook has been around a very long time. One thing I have always liked is that they have the flange reversed. Or the flange is on the lid section, whereas on the WSM the flange is on the bottom sections. So rain just fills the thing up. I garoooonntee my WSM has a full load of rain water in the bottom as we speak. I usually try and store it with the mid section upside down to keep the rain out.

Comment

• JGo37
        JGo37 commented
        Editing a comment
        Now you've done it. I do want it...

and some que bracho colorado to go with it!

It’s a looker. But the ‘soak wood chips for 10 minutes’ myth continues on in their smoking instructions. Errrrr!

What does 369 euros convert to?

Comment

• JGo37
        JGo37 commented
        Editing a comment
        more dollars.. $ 420.00. it's the shipping that will kill me..

Originally posted by lonnie mac View Post
      Barbecook has been around a very long time. One thing I have always liked is that they have the flange reversed. Or the flange is on the lid section, whereas on the WSM the flange is on the bottom sections. So rain just fills the thing up. I garoooonntee my WSM has a full load of rain water in the bottom as we speak. I usually try and store it with the mid section upside down to keep the rain out.
      I think that's by design lonnie mac because they want you to buy the vinyl cover for it of course. I picked a WSM up off of CL some years back still in the box for like $150. My son happened to stop down while I was assembling it in the garage so he helped me get it together.

When we were done we had a couple beers and he wound up going home with it in the back of his truck. He talked me into giving it to him between beer 3 and 4! I never got to cook on it and he loves it.

Comment

• lonnie mac
        lonnie mac commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha brother that's what happened to my old Performer Deluxe. It's up in Arkansas somewhere now! Yea, the cover. Threw it in the corner out by the fence on day one. Long gone now!

It took a while to find. Barbecook calls this an 'Oskar', not the Smoker XL like listed in the link. It's their latest. So far I can only find it in Spain.

This is like one of those KILLER cars that we can't buy in the states....

Views:	193
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	603634

Comment

• treesmacker
        treesmacker commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like if you buy two you could make a four stack cooker, three for a six stack, stack them up to the second floor.

The retailers. I've got a real problem with this picture:

Views:	184
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	603640

Comment

• Willard
        Willard commented
        Editing a comment
        They’re just down yonder a skoosh.

C.mon Barbecook, really!!

Name:	image_78268.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	603642

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here