Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Rack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Rack?

Hi everyone,

I've just got a Fornetto Razzo 18" smoker, which is similar to the ProQ models.

Like the ProQ, it has 2 levels of cooking racks, one just above the water pan and one at the top. I was just wondering which rack people prefer if using only 1?

I know beef/pork and chicken would be different, so beef/pork at the top and chicken lower?

Thanks

I really don’t think it matters much. Temperatures May be slightly lower towards the top. And obviously large stuff like whole turkey and so on may not fit on the top rack, so that narrows your choices somewhat.

But generally when all I had was an electric vertical smoker I put the more drippy stuff lower and the less drippy stuff higher.

Comment

That's a great lookin' smoker and welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Thanks SmokeyGator, I thought that may be the case.

Cheers RonB, this looks like a great site
        Last edited by BooksBikesBeers; June 6, 2018, 11:18 PM.

Comment

When I use my 14.5 WSM and only need 1 rack I use the top rack because it's easier to handle the meat. When I've used both racks it seems to cook pretty evenly between the 2.

You're probably fine either way.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here