Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cover for UDS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cover for UDS?

Hello All! I'm looking to find a good grill cover for my UDS, what with colder, wetter weather on the horizon here in CO. What have you all used for yours? Would a grill cover for a weber kettle do the job, or should I look into something different?

Amazon has all sorts of covers. Here is one that might work. Check against your drum dementions. https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Acces...ic+Accessories

Comment

Kettle grill cover works perfectly on my Ugly drum

Comment

I use a blue tarp. Ain’t pretty, but gets the job done & it’s cheap.

Comment

Aluminum water heater drain pan with some bricks bolted to the inside for weight.

Bonus is Click image for larger version

Name:	1A1A2CB9-C7D7-4761-9480-B1D1F3DFCCC0.jpeg
Views:	255
Size:	227.1 KB
ID:	571638 you can run in the snow with the cover on.

Comment

With shelves, and pipes and vents and the like, and all the customizing I do, I search on Amazon & eBay for Fire Pit Covers. The last I got was out of Canada, two tone black and tan, 48", for $14.00 USD. I've had better luck with eBay but recommend Amazon if you want it NOW and you have Prime.

It's amazing how well they fit when they drape down - make sure you get one with a bottom draw string. I used the one here to cover a Weber 22.5" that has two Black Dragon shelves. Draped down to the low storage grate!

Stanbroil Outdoor Full Coverage Round Fire Pit Cover/Table, Black, 44" D x 18" H
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Weber 2 Shelves.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	571750

Comment

So you are looking for a UAC for a UDS. I got one for my gasser here.

Comment

I keep my smokers/grills indoors (garage), so all I need is a dust cover. I use cheap regular-size bed sheets, from Wal Mart.

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I see you have changed your avatar, taken to drinkin eh?

• TBoneJack
                  TBoneJack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't think I've ever changed my avatar here. Taken to drinkin? Oh no, I took to drinkin long ago.

I use a Weber cover and a bungie cord. It works great.

I take the rods out and put them in the barrel and I open the bottom damper all the way open, so I get airflow. I use it enough that critters are not an issue. Or at least I have never had problems with it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here