Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

El Barril

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

El Barril

The other day I was at a meat store called "Meat Town Distributors", which is conveniently located next to Miami Beer Company in Doral. Which is mostly conveniently located close enough to my home that I go there from time to time.

SIDE NOTE: Meat Town had a big ole 15 pound hunk of A5 Wagu rib roast. Just sitting in a refrigerated case. Not locked up behind glass. I was able to pick up the holy relic and examine its majestic existence. Then put it right back because at $97/pound it was $1400.

Now where was I? I got distracted by thoughts of the A5 Wagu rib roast. OH YEA!! I remember now!

El Barril grills. They had a selection in the store. They are like the much loved PBC, but made of stainless steel. Hopefully not Tesla Cybertruck stainless steel, but the real deal. That does not develop rust specks everywhere. I looked at them and yup, they look like premium luxury PBCs to me. But I am not really an expert on the subject.

They are locally made here in Miami. And I have to say, they scream quality. The body is about the same gauge as a PBC, only stainless so it should not rust. They come with hooks and a quite robust cooking grate. Like I said, looks like quality to me.

Perhaps someone at this site can reach out to the company to maybe get a better review? I do not know how large they are, or what their production capability is, but I suspect this is a niche market product anyway and anyone who wants one will be cool with a wait.

Price is about $400 more than a PBC, comparing the largest PBC to the largest El Barril (which are about the same size height wise, El Barril might have a larger diameter). But again, stainless steel. You can keep it all polished and shiny if you want. And it will hold up to the elements better.

Grills El Barril ? specialized in Random Barrels and all kinds of accessories, grills, hooks. We have Barrel BBQ grill for sale in Miami ⭐

Interesting set up,,,
    like an OKJ

Comment

• SmokeyGator
      SmokeyGator commented
      Editing a comment
      I would like to see a good review done. I would not expect a platinum medal, because is the cooking results really better than a less expensive option? My inclination is no. But the materials are of a higher quality and the cooker should last longer, even if it is neglected. Or subject to things like salt air for those of us living in coastal areas. So gold medal? I don't know.

There is no observable vent control. Maybe its like the Franklin pit in that the vent is built in via the snipped steel. Looks like there is an integrated hoop offset from the top where you hang the hooks, but it’s fairly close to the wall. The price doesn’t include their rack accessories. It’s literally a stainless fire pit with a lid. I actually think you would do better with a PBC or OJB, but there is only one way to find out 😉🔥🔥🐿️

Comment

• SmokeyGator
      SmokeyGator commented
      Editing a comment
      The bundle I saw in the store was $900 and it came with hooks and a grate and stuff. The website has different prices and accessories included. But on the website the basic large barrel comes with 14 hooks and one hook remover for $630. Which is only $130 or so more than PBC. I am thinking these are more "hot and fast" as opposed to "low and slow", much like the PBC.

• MsTwiggy
      MsTwiggy commented
      Editing a comment
      Pretty sure the PBC is still $399. But either way, when are you picking yours up 🤩🔥🔥🐿️

Wonder what they look like after extensive use. Just wonderin.

Comment

• SmokeyGator
      SmokeyGator commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't know! But I am thinking it will hold up well.

If you take the Amazon link from their website home page there's all kinds of dimensional info at a glance for the various sizes as well as a hokey video

Comment

• SmokeyGator
      SmokeyGator commented
      Editing a comment
      Their website is not that great. It does not really make me want to place an order. But they are local, and I happened to see the thing in a store. I am not really looking for another grill, I think I have all the bases covered now.

You need to take one for the team. Go get The Barrell 👍👍

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here
    2024 Weber Contest