Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not wanting to open a can of worms, just asking"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Livermoron
    commented on 's reply
    PBC = Pit Barrel Cooker
    We have created the versatile Pit Barrel Cooker as the original vertical drum smoker and charcoal grill. Get your barrel smoker and charcoal grill today.

• Will Wyatt
    replied
    I'm a newbie. WSM = Weber Smoky Mountain. What's a PBC?

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Way cool logo!

I'm glad the stickies in the PBC section are helping folks. I'm happy to be able to provide the info.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• w0nq
    commented on 's reply
    That is very cool

• risawyer
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Kathryn! Your PBC wisdom was one of the deciding factors in pulling the trigger on it. Still can't comprehend how it works but I can't wait to keep trying to figure it out. Maybe a practice turkey this weekend, or pork belly, or . . . too many options.

• Livermoron
    replied
    I loved the WSM, but "traded up" to the PBC. I haven't regretted it one bit. It gives me greater capacity but occupies the same "footprint" on my patio. I just got through smoking bacon and it came out perfectly! If you follow the tips on the PBC threads you'll be up and running in no time!

(wish I could "like" fzxdoc's lighting/temp post more than once...it's been a lifesaver).

I also enjoy supporting companies like this. I really love the personalized logo they put on for me.

Leave a comment:

• w0nq
    replied
    I appreciate the responses. Pretty much decided to go PBC, simple design & can easily push it a little for a "hot & fast" when needed. I have never pulled and wrapped anything, ever. Always have waited out the stall. Also, fzxdoc, thanks for the cook time data in the sticky. I'll use it frequently.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Ah, another happy PBCer, risawyer . Music to my ears. It's one sweet smoking machine.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• risawyer
    replied
    I ordered my PBC last Wednesday, got it late Saturday a cooked one rack of SLC ribs, one rack of BB ribs, some sausage, and a chicken in it. Although this is the only cook I can speak of, I LOVED the simplicity of the PBC and the final product (well, except the chicken, gotta' cook that at a higher temp but I was playing so no worries). The wife said these were the best ribs I had ever done and asked if I had sauced them because they looked like they were sauced (I did not BTW). Never used a WSM, and only used the PBC this one time but I am VERY impressed and can't wait to repeat this weekend!!!

Leave a comment:

• Cidergregg
    replied
    I had a tiny wsm 14.5 as my first smoker and am LOVING my PBC. I may even get a second one someday. I have mine dialed down to 225 and rarely need to tweak it by just opening the lid to get a little surge of oxygen in there.

I have the PBC ash pan on the way and that will solve any cleanup problems I may have had (didn't have any, used tinfoil).

I was getting annoyed with all the moving parts of the WSM and I love not needing that water pan. Even foil lined it could get nasty.

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    commented on 's reply
    One can never have enough backyard fire toys.

• w0nq
    commented on 's reply
    Either give me more capacity than I'll ever use at one time. I'm leaning towards the simplicity of the PBC really. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be watching for a WSM on CL too. like my toys

• Ernest
    replied
    My 2 cents, WSM 18.5 is no match for the PBC. The WSM 18.5 will lose.
    Now if you're considering between the WSM 22.5 and PBC, that's a win win situation.

Leave a comment:

• JeffJ
    commented on 's reply
    Yes. Once wrapped it doesn't matter how the cook is finished. 10 days ago I wrapped and finished 3 slabs of baby backs in my oven because my kettle just couldn't hold temperature that day. No worries. The ribs turned out really good.

• _John_
    replied
    PBC is a little more efficient, the WSM is easier to adjust temp, especially since you are used to it. PBC can hold more ribs and brisket, WSM can hold more everything else. You can't go wrong either way, just get one that does for you what your Weber, or the other can't.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here