Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proud of myself! Down to 9 from 23!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proud of myself! Down to 9 from 23!!

The survivors

Humphrey's pint, assassin gravity, Hasty Bake, Fast Eddys, 2 PBC's, 14 wsm, Blackstone 36, Broil King Keg. Are the survivors. I'm done, 9 is where we stay!
    Attached Files

Odd number.

Comment

• Draznnl
      Draznnl commented
      Editing a comment
      DeusDingo Have you been watching Simpson's reruns?

• tenphases
      tenphases commented
      Editing a comment
      Would have been 8 but my mom gave me a PBC after my divorce cause she wanted me back in my hobby so that one stays. Antiquing with her and maintaining 3 places is how the number got so high. It's been a rough few years and everyone including mom is gone now so I was able to get rid of a bunch

• DeusDingo
      DeusDingo commented
      Editing a comment
      y'all need to embiggen your vocabilary so you can S-M-R-T like me

Draznnl i have them running all the time in my Brain!

How is the Assassin gravity? Don't see too many of those

Comment

• glitchy
      glitchy commented
      Editing a comment
      They’re out there, it’s just that the people that own them are too busy smoking 100/ lbs of meat a day to talk about them.

• STEbbq
      STEbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      glitchy life goals!

• tenphases
      tenphases commented
      Editing a comment
      It will burn for days with minimal effort so that's great. When you first put the meat on you have to treat it like an offset cause it burns so clean. So it's a few chunks every 40 minutes for the first few hours then it might as well be a pellet cooker. (Some put amoke wood in the chute, I like messing with the fire)

It's a 17 so it holds about the same as a rec tec would, not that big, but it's easy to run. It's my go-to now for my catering work which is keeping me cooking and busy.
      Last edited by tenphases; September 8, 2021, 01:08 PM.

Yeah, I’m in the process of whittling down my self. I’ gone from 7 down to 7. Progress I call it.

Comment

• tenphases
      tenphases commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol 9 is where ill stay, these 9 cover all the bases and they are all built to last (I take care of my stuff)

• DeusDingo
      DeusDingo commented
      Editing a comment
      look at that, i whittled an authentic, decorative stick. just to think it used to be just a stupid, plain ol' stick. tsk tsk. art

And yet, that money from the ones you sold instead of giving away or donating must be burning quite a hole in your pocket. What's the next purchase?

(MCS pressure is always required here and I didn't see enough yet in the comments so far.)

Comment

• tenphases
      tenphases commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, you're not lying; MCS is always lurking, once I get really good with these cookers, I may switch up for the hell of it, but I don't buy them new, all marketplace, so if I get lucky, I'm in. I donated them all pretty much; I work with sports leagues, wrestling/football, they all have nice cookers now.

I have 9 cookers and keep telling myself I need to thin the herd. But I just can’t seem to actually do it. Instead it seems like I am always thinking about #10. Like that Assassin gravity for instance……… 🤷‍♂️🤦

Comment

It’s a miracle!

Comment

• tenphases
        tenphases commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL it really is!! But as I sit here proud of myself I'm wondering if I was just making room for more!!!

• LA Pork Butt
        LA Pork Butt commented
        Editing a comment
        tenphases that could be a problem! LOL

Originally posted by Jim White View Post
      And yet, that money from the ones you sold instead of giving away or donating must be burning quite a hole in your pocket. What's the next purchase?

(MCS pressure is always required here and I didn't see enough yet in the comments so far.)
      Jim White
      Oh, I think our man has been buying stuff already. I don't see the Assassin or second PBC listed originally. 🤣🤣🤣

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-the-herd-help

Comment

• tenphases
        tenphases commented
        Editing a comment
        The Assassin was a hell of a deal, I had no choice in the matter!! The 2nd PBC was just accidentally left of the list
        Last edited by tenphases; September 8, 2021, 01:15 PM.

Did you do it yourself, or is there a Multiple Smokers Anonymous group? Either way, it sounds pretty darn painful!

Comment

• tenphases
        tenphases commented
        Editing a comment
        I did it myself, this may sound crazy.......but I felt bad for the cookers that weren't getting used lol, they could have been making people happy but I had a bunch of them collecting dust (I do kinda want them back though :[

If'n this is yer goal, then I heartily applaud ya, nicely done, Amigo...

I, myself, have chosen another path...

Comment

• DeusDingo
        DeusDingo commented
        Editing a comment
        i have a suspicion your path is a little windier and stumblier

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        'Tis, Indeed, Both...

Never done said I chosed me an 'Easier Path'

Good job!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here