Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OJB Last Meal Ribs: Progression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OJB Last Meal Ribs: Progression

Making some SLC Last Meal Ribs today. Figured I’d hang a Costco three pack.

the fire is started. Here’s my setup:

Click image for larger version

Name:	A848524C-871A-42F4-94C9-AF4BFD31DDB0.jpeg
Views:	370
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	860987

firestarter in the middle, a couple chunks of peach wood (Thanks Huskee). Intake vent wide open, top open, deflector out. I can monitor from my office for the half hour.

Great minds. Just threw a Costco three pack of SLCs on my PBC. Rubbed with MMD

Name:	1A81085D-A14F-48E3-A315-18031A228960.jpeg
Views:	309
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	861019

Comment

Name:	CF0EA751-3EE7-4D04-9D8C-C89C6379298E.jpeg
Views:	312
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	861024 Rubbed. Learned that I had to split the racks to get them to fit with the deflector plate.

they are on their journey now. Still have some white smoke an hour and a quarter after starting.

Comment

Although I'm not a PBC guy, I do have a most excellent variant wsm,wsm....wsm

Name:	hangiing ribs 01.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	861028

Comment

• SmokingPat
          SmokingPat commented
          Editing a comment
          WSM 18 user, as well. Looks like you took the water pan out -- any problems with flare-ups?

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          SmokingPat I threw away the water pan a long time ago in my WSMs. I use them like barrel smokers. If you’ll notice I cut my racks in half so the meat is well above the fire. Plus I use fan control so it’s a closed system, no real flare ups anyway.

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          Pbc, pbc, pbc!

Damnit!! Now I want ribs!!!

Comment

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          It's always rib o'clock somewhere.

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          Great minds right? I have 8 racks in the freeze. Time to do up a couple for SWMBO and I.

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          my wibs go on tomorrow!
          good luck with yours!

If I thought Yvonne could eat them, I would thaw out some ribs and get to cooking with you folks! They all look so good!

Potkettleblack I am looking forward to seeing you document this cook on the OJB, and how you like the cooker.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          I think I'm gonna love the cooker and my only regret will not be getting the Pro.

Just gonna take time to figure out how to dial it. at the 1.5 hour mark after lighting, I have no "pope" smoke coming out the chimney. Temp holding at 225* so I think I got it. I have questions but have to review the free side for the science and all.

3 hours in, temp stable. Looking good.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          Man those are looking sweeet !!!

• Uncle Bob
          Uncle Bob commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like a nice start, and nothing wrong with halving the racks to fit. On the other hand, you can also emulate the style the PBC folks do without the deflector, just trim the small round end about 3" or so and hang that by itself as cooks treat. Something to play with at another time.

Yea the Pro looks awesome.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          Wife put the kibosh on the orange one, and when I figured it out, it was more cost effective to go with the OG, and could get the three way grate, a cover, and probably add a blower or something at some point, and still be under the pro.

Wibs, wibs, & more wibs! It is Wibs heaven, just hangin around everywhere. Got me thinkin.

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          It's a Wib-a-thon, and veritable Wib-A-Pa-Loosa !!! Got mine salted down and beer iced for the weekend. Yahooooo !!!!

Bend test passed. Now for the wife test.

Attached Files

Comment

• Jfrosty27
          Jfrosty27 commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh man. Looks so yummy. My ribs go on the Rec Tec on Sunday. May have rearrange that schedule!

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          How did ya get em to stick to the wall like that?
          brining my wibs now! aahwooo!

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          @Smokenoob: A bit of Blues Hog original works wonders.

Oooh now it’s a pile of Wibs! Mo bettah!

Comment

Ojb, ojb, ojb!!!

Comment

Passed the wife test. And the PKB test.

OJB! OJB! OJB!

Comment

• FishTalesNC
              FishTalesNC commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats on that cook, looks delicious!!

OJB... Ojb...ojb... 👊🏻

• yankee
              yankee commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome! OJB, OJB, OJB!

Congrats! Looks marvelous! …, …, …!

Comment

• Uncle Bob
              Uncle Bob commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here