Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Bronco sprouts wings......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Wonderful. I'll keep my peepers peeled for that post.

K.

• Uncle Bob
    commented on 's reply
    So there are two components under the vortex. The first layer/piece is a typical fire/fuel grate, 13ish inches. I had it lying around, probably from a kamado or other tapered bottom cooker. The next layer supports the other two pieces it's the hanging rack from my Barrel House Cooker. I could have used a cooking or fuel grate from anything that is 18ish inches in diameter, just happened to grab this for the experiment.

• alion21
    replied
    What is the grate that you're using the vortex on, did that come with it?

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob
    replied
    @fzxdoc They were tasty too Kathryn. I have given the folding side board thing some thought but not much more than fleeting. I do enjoy playing with accessories and mods. BTW, I just got some parts to mount casters on the non-wheeled end of the Summerset IV, just need to make time to mount them. I'll post up when I do.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Awwww--you got me with that topic title. I envisioned a Bronco with flapping side tables.

Those wings look great, BTW.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob
    commented on 's reply
    OJB, OJB,OJB...…………………………………...…………….just for you bud

• HawkerXP
    replied
    They do look good.

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    Not ANOTHER one!

• FishTalesNC
    replied
    Yum! I’ve done vortex wings on my kettle for years, time to try this method!

OJB...Ojb...ojb...

Leave a comment:

• BFlynn
    replied
    Those look awful.

You should just put them in my mouth so you don't have to eat them.

Leave a comment:

• mountainsmoker
    replied
    They look good.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob
    started a topic The Bronco sprouts wings......

The Bronco sprouts wings......

No, not a tale about a suspect football team in thin air, but a tale of experimenting with the Bronco to show it's versatility.

So I've watched some vids and read some threads extolling the virtues of the Vortex, dare we say, "cone of shame". Well, that's what dogs call them. I enjoy experimenting with stuff and thought, hey, that should work with the Bronco just as well, but let's test that theory.

My loving bride must have overheard that mental conversation with myself (it's frequently the only way I get anyone to agree with me) and brought home a package of wings. So here are a couple or so pics of how I set it up and proceeded with the cook. I got behind the prep curve and didn't do a good enough job of drying the skin sufficiently ahead of time, but otherwise, they turned out great. A little rub just before setting on the grate, then a toss in some Frank's Buffalo sauce with added butter and it was a delicious meal. Not bad for a first time experiment. This Bronco continues to amaze with it's flexibility/versatility. Click image for larger version

Name:	bronco vortex wing 03.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	849021Click image for larger version

Name:	bronco vortex wing 04.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	849022
    Attached Files

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here