Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick Bronco Cook on the Triple Grate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Bronco Cook on the Triple Grate

Just a simple quick meal, easy after work, hadn’t seen any pics of the triple grate in action so thought I’d share.

Almost full basket of KBB lit in 2 spots in the basket. Let that go 30 min with vents open and lid up. Left the heat deflector out and added a small mesquite chunk and the triple grate, closed the lid and let that preheat 15 min. Added the veggies and sausages. Let them go 35 min. Sausages were in the low 190’s right where we like them, veggies were perfect. Really tasty. The triple grate was nice, but I could see wanting (needing?) a 2nd one so you can mix and match the sections you need. It’ll be fun to use it while removing one section and hanging meat, looking forward to that.

#stayincookout

Click image for larger version

Name:	D4B1501D-9A11-414B-938E-7AFDEA90EB6F.jpeg
Views:	241
Size:	247.8 KB
ID:	825231

Food looks great, Brother, Nice Job!

First cook I've seen on one, as well...

reckon th bottom piece can also interlock with th lh one, like th others?
    or ya mighta left it loose so ya could pull veggies afore th sausage was finished...

Comment

• FishTalesNC
      FishTalesNC commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones you’re absolutely right, each section is easily removable during the cook. See those two holes on each piece near the center? It comes with a tool that hooks into those and supports the grate section as you lift it out. Maybe should have done that for a bit more crunch in the veggies, but was straight up too lazy to deal with it. Next time!

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol jus noticed bottom piece wasn't hooked onto the support rod, was wonderin if there a method to yer madness, havin never cooked on one...I most often notice details that most folks don't see, so I was jus curious...
      Certainly wasn't teasin ya, my friend!

• FishTalesNC
      FishTalesNC commented
      Editing a comment
      No worries, funny thing is I FORGOT about that tool until you said something. 😂🤣😂

Yeah, that triple grate is truly the cat's meow.

Comment

Very interesting grate. I have not seen it before. What is the inside diameter of the Okla Joe drum? I am wondering if this grate would work in my PBC..........

Comment

Lookin good!

Comment

• FishTalesNC
        FishTalesNC commented
        Editing a comment
        OJB...OJB...obj... 😈 Thanks man, hope you’re staying safe up there in NOVA.

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        All is well here and hope the same for you all.

Wow, this thing is pretty cool! Allows you to mix it up!

Comment

Good job of making that puppy work for it's keep! You da man when it comes to workin' the OJB.

Comment

Thanks FishTalesNC , as I suspected, its the same diameter as the PBC. I may add this accessory to my lineup provided it will fit on the PBC's mounting spots inside the barrel. Will have to look into that I think.
          Last edited by Alabama Smoke; April 4, 2020, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Really cool set-up there!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here