Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Orange Bronco at Home Depot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay AR team, I just spent a good bit of time reading reviews and comparisons on the Bronco and PBC. I have the Branco with cover added to my Home Depot cart for $359. Reassure me before I pull the trigger.

Comment

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      You WILL NOT regret your decision. Congratulations and welcome to the Bronco Boys Club! Membership dues of $59.95 are payable to me at…….

Panhead John
      69 Loser Lane
      Houston, Tx.

• Allon
      Allon commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome aboard!

You won't be disappointed...

• Sid P
      Sid P commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats!

I just pulled the trigger! Can't wait to try it out!

Comment

• Allon
      Allon commented
      Editing a comment
      Assembly is pretty straight forward.
      Make sure you give everything an eyeball when you unpack.
      I had no trouble flipping it over during assembly by myself.
      Use high temp\ food safe sealant when you assemble the barrel halves.

There's a bunch of people with broncos. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Do you all recommend hight temp sealant ir lava lock for the joint if the barrel?

Comment

• Allon
      Allon commented
      Editing a comment
      I looked at it this way...

I'm never going to get another chance to do it right...

• Bogy
      Bogy commented
      Editing a comment
      Compared to what you're paying for the cooker the sealant doesn't cost much to make sure it's done right, like Allon said.

• Steve R.
      Steve R. commented
      Editing a comment
      It can't hurt. And this is a good opportunity to do it without having to disassemble later.

I'm no help here.......................

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bronco brothers 02.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	1358841

Comment

• Allon
      Allon commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the 'racing' wheels!

The Bronco is a great cooker. Menard's appears to have the black ones for $399

Comment

I don't own one but congrats.

Comment

The Bronco was (okay, is!) on my short list - it seems to be a GREAT cooker AND smoker ... had a PBC, but gave it up because I didn't have this forum to help me get low n slow on it. When I reached out to PBC, their response was: "It's a Pit Barrel COOKER, if you wanted a smoker, you should have bought a smoker."
        Enjoy that new cooker FatboyStew and thanks for reigniting my MCS - I'm sure there's a 12 step program for this

Comment

• Draznnl
          Draznnl commented
          Editing a comment
          Step 1. See a new cooker.
          Step 2. Research the new cooker.
          Step 3. Buy the new cooker
          Step 4. Use the new cooker.
          Step 5. Use the new cooker again.
          Step 6. Use that same, old cooker again.
          Step 7. Hear about another cooker.
          Step 8. Deny any dissatisfaction with that old hunk on the patio.
          Step 9. Mention the other cooker in a post on AR.
          Step 10. Read the responses to your post.
          Step 11. Measure the spot on the patio to see if it will fit.
          Step 12. Buy the other cooker already.

Well, the orange is growing on me. Plus, I forgot my wife's favorite color is orange, and she loves it, so a plus there. I assembled it and found a small gap (1 inch long) where the barrels join. Not a big deal, used RTV to seal everything up, nice and tight. The drain cap was not machined precisely, but a very short time with a drill took care of it. Overall, assembly was very quick and easy. I will burn it in and season it this weekend. My overall impressions is that, despite a few machining and/or slight dissertation during shipment, I am impressed. The quality and sturdiness of it is impressive. I will update after burning it in, seasoning it, and smoking for the first time.

Comment

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          If you're old enough to remember the American Tourister commercials with the gorillas beating the hell out of suitcases in the airport baggage handling area, I think that's the same crew that loads the Broncos into the trucks for shipping.

• Bogy
          Bogy commented
          Editing a comment
          Steve R. That's definitely the team who loaded mine.

• Sid P
          Sid P commented
          Editing a comment
          Steve R. Bogy Same here. The box was so beat up I almost told them to keep it, but the Bronco was perfect.

Home Depot has Bronco back at $399.

Comment

• Uncle Bob
          Uncle Bob commented
          Editing a comment
          That also includes the sturdy cover. With all the features it's still the best deal in this size smoker/cooker.

$399.99 Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	149
Size:	222.0 KB
ID:	1387847​

Comment

• smokenoob
          smokenoob commented
          Editing a comment
          well now that the 🎣 was delivered, πŸ€” I could finagle one of these πŸ€”

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here