Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look what finally showed up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don’t need no stinking touch up paint! Cook away! Well, later.

Comment

Congrats on a nice lookin' cooker.

Comment

Happy for you! Enjoy

Comment

Congratulations. Looking forward to pics.

Comment

Welcome to the family, we don't care what color you have, they're all beautiful!

Comment

Congratulations, show us your first cook. Hopefully the fire ban will be lifted.

Comment

WOWser...nice color

Comment

Suuuwwweeettt!! What is the first cook planned to be? ( mouth is already watering )

Comment

• Alan Brice
                    Alan Brice commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hail Yes! Why just dip yer toe in? Plunge head first n don’t look back! I applaud your spunk! Enjoy. Have fun n smoke on!

• Panhead John
                    Panhead John commented
                    Editing a comment
                    tstalafuse Hey, if you have time, maybe you can take us along for the ride on your KCBS cook? Start a new post about it? Just a thought, I know we’d all be interested in your journey with pics and commentary……

• tstalafuse
                    tstalafuse commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Panhead John I will try, but the last time I cooked this event I had zero cell phone reception thanks to ATT's no so wonderful coverage, so posting updates as I go might be a problem..

Well, I may end up painting mine black after all, unless I can find some kind of touch up paint. Glad to hear you got yours together in an hour. I started about noon today, and at 9 pm I gave up for the day. Didn't work straight through, some time was spent getting hardware so I can hopefully make it work. Little alignment issue.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220622_013205491.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.72 MB ID:	1240421
                  I think I have a solution, but by 9 i was out of steam to start over...again. Hope my experience gets better from here on.

BTW, love all the instruction videos where you just put the top on the bottom and zip zip zip, all six screws just fall into place. I have not filled out my review yet. See if I can actually get it together, obviously I can't comment on how it works. Sorry if I sound a little bitter right now, been a frustrating day. Maybe that's why I got such a great deal on the orange one.
                  Last edited by Bogy; June 21, 2022, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• Bogy
                    Bogy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    HawkerXP Yep, did have a problem with assembly on the PBC. I have a great big rubber mallet which has already been brought into play.

• tstalafuse
                    tstalafuse commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sorry you are having such trouble. Mine fit together like a glove. Before I forced it or started widening holes, I would send pictures to OKJ to see if the will send a whole unit because once you start drilling, it is yours.

• Bogy
                    Bogy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    tstalafuse, too late, it's mine. lol Basically know it will work, because I did have it lined up, and all the original screws were started. But the heads on the original screws would not take the pressure that was needed to draw down the two sections, which is why the nuts were stripped, and I now have hex head stainless steel screws. And SS nuts.

Along with your longer screws can the holes be made elongated or enlarged as well? So I am sure you are leaving all screws just finger tight to start correct?

Comment

• Bogy
                    Bogy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't want to change the size of the holes to much, because when I tighten it down I want things at that time to pull everything where it should be. The threads on the nuts welded to the assembly were already shot after several tries, so they are now drilled out, and I'm using my own nuts after screws go through them.

• RiverJeff
                    RiverJeff commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sounds like you have under control then. This might help with the chances that things are out of round if you us one wrap of rope around the unit and put a long socket extension and twist the rope it put your round back to round. Might help! ?

• Bogy
                    Bogy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    RiverJeff, good suggestion. I'm going to try that before I take all the screws out to try the longer ones.

Bogy Sorry to hear about the assembly problems... hope you figure it out today!

Comment

Sort of looks like vintage Chevy engine orange paint color. Maybe buy a few spray cans of high-temp engine color and repaint it?

Comment

• Bogy
                      Bogy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It does look very close to Chevy orange. Rust-oleum did make a 2000 degree orange paint, you can still find it online, although most of the sites that show it also say out of stock. Their own site does not seem to list it. Kubota is also pretty close, for a modern tractor.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here