Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turkey Times?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey Times?

Got a turkey for .49 a pound so now I am looking for Oklahoma Joe Bronco specific turkey recipes or cook times. Has anyone done a turkey? (OK I know someone in this group has) I can find lot of turkey cook times and such but nothing specific to OJB.

Are you going to hang, spatchcock, something else? What temp? How big is said turkey?

I don't have an OJB, but those who do will need some details to help
    Last edited by ecowper; November 15, 2021, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• CaptGreg
      CaptGreg commented
      Editing a comment
      was thinking of just putting the 13 pound bird in there and letting it cook

I'll donate mine to Panhead John. Maybe he can put the stuff in his next stir fry...🤢

Comment

Here is the obvious, Cooking is about time and temperature, so you can adapt most recipes to your cooker.
      As Harry Soo said, "BTU is BTU."
      I recommend spatchcocking the bird. And on the free side
      Give Thanks For The Ultimate Spatchcock Turkey Recipe (amazingribs.com)
      On the Traegers website
      https://www.traeger.com/search?term=spatchcock turkey

Happy BBQ to you and PBR too.

Comment

I just talked with someone that had a 20 lb bird overshoot temp to 175 in 2:10, sounds like it came out fine after a long rest but that must have been hot as all get out. Sounds like a full chimney on both sides of a drip pan with a Weber rotisserie setup on a 22" kettle. I think that's about twice what is recommended!

Comment

Not sure about the brine used for this recipe- but the technique to hang the bird looks like it works well in the Bronco.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here