Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket On The Bronco…My Best Ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks to your suggestion I also used 3 large char logs. Gonna start a new post about that soon. Thanks buddy!

• Red Man
    replied
    Looks great! B&B is all I use for smoking these days. Did you end up using any char logs or just briquettes?

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Jimbo, as much as I luv ya bro, don’t make fun of my stylish clothing please. I’m not an international supermodel for nothing.
    Last edited by Panhead John; October 17, 2021, 08:02 PM.

• Jim White
    replied
    Oh yeah. I forgot to comment on the ugly clashing of your shopping outfit.

Everybody knows that donuts and pizza don't go together.

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    😂😂😂

• tbob4
    replied
    Not only a great story and photos, but I like your slicing.

Leave a comment:

• Jim White
    replied
    Checks all the boxes! Bark-check. Smoke ring-check. Moist-check.

I'm assuming from you saying it was your best that it tasted great, too.

Great job, sir!

<We now return to our regularly scheduled ridiculing of PJ.>

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    replied
    Nice!

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    Looks great! How long did it take on the Bronco, and what dome temp did you run at? Was this hanging or on the grate?

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    started a topic Brisket On The Bronco…My Best Ever?

Brisket On The Bronco…My Best Ever?

This might be a little long winded, but I wanted to share my experience with you guys, and a few things I learned. I cooked my first Prime brisket today, all my others have been Choice or….😱 Select. It actually turned out as "probably" my best brisket ever, or at least that I can recall. I was a little surprised because I started out the cook a little bit short of ideal accessories on hand. I had only one hickory chunk to use and no digital grate or leave in food probes. I had to rely on the factory thermometer built into the Bronco and a hand held instant read food thermometer. THE HORROR!

I bought some B & B Charcoal Briquettes for the first time yesterday and decided to use them instead of Kingsford. And I’m glad I did! More on that later. I lit the coals this morning at 7 am and went to the local Walmart to get some more Hickory chunks while the coals were getting started. Imagine my surprise when I found out there was none in stock, and I had to settle for Hickory chips! Below is me showing my disdain after I saw there was no chunks in stock. What really pissed me off was that I got all dressed up for nothing!

Click image for larger version  Name:	D2231F2E-EF00-4E01-A9AB-FA72191CCEFF.jpeg Views:	10 Size:	85.5 KB ID:	1111509

After returning home I forged ahead with the cook. As mentioned above, I decided to use some B&B Charcoal Briquettes because of a recent thread here, and other people raving about them. Immediately after lighting the coals I noticed the absence of the dirty smoke and smell from my previous uses of Kingsford. For long cooks in the future, I’ll never go back to Kingsford. I’m now a converted B&B fan.

Anyway, this was definitely one of my best brisket cooks ever and I attribute that to a few things. #1 was becoming a member of Amazing Ribs. The people here and their shared knowledge with each other is invaluable. I’d never heard of a vortex or SnS until I joined AR. Now I have both.

The brisket was absolutely tender, juicy and flavorful. And I only ate some of the flat tonight. I haven’t even tasted the point yet. Of course a lot of credit has to go to it being a Prime grade brisket. And I also give a LOT of credit to The Bronco, which is a smoking machine!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; October 17, 2021, 08:11 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here