Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brisket On The Bronco…My Best Ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ofelles
    commented on 's reply
    Some level anyway!

• bardsleyque
    commented on 's reply
    you gona give him some Old Rasputin?

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    ecowper I tell him all the time to ditch the Rocky Mountain P**s Water but he won't listen. I may try to introduce him to some real beer in Rockdale. If you hold him down I'll shove the funnel down his throat

• ecowper
    replied
    Panhead John
    Sorry my friend, no PBR allowed. Only Coors Light!
    You and my wife. what am I gonna do with the two of you?

Nice brisket cook, even if you are a Coors Light drinker. And you're totally right about the Pit upping our game. It's been a huge impact, for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry my friend, no PBR allowed. Only Coors Light!

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Everything looks great, but you left out the PBR.

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah Jim. One load got me 9 hours, and I probably had enough left to go a couple of more hours! And yeah, those $99. days are long gone. They’re $350. now. I got mine for $300. back in April.

• Troutman
    replied
    Forget the brisket for a moment, I just wanna know one thing. When did you grow a beard??

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Actually I think 58limited cooked the thing and gave it to PJ to post

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    She didn’t get sick, so I guess she liked it. 😂 She’s not a big meat eater these days, but she liked it.

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    Haha!!, Jiggly is good! How did Mom like the brisket?

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Here ya go Richard. I added some more detail about my experience on this post. Scroll to the bottom.

Charcoal Kingsford Long Burn has been discontinued as per the email I received today. I used the Long Burn for low and slow smoking. 31 briquettes or 1 ½ lbs. lasted an easy 2 ½ hours in my Akron grill. The packaging states it burned up to 40% longer than Kingsford Blue. Now I’m on the hunt for a low and slow charcoal. My

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Since I didn’t have a leave in thermometer here at Mom’s, I was checking the internal temps periodically with an instant read. It varied in spots from 199*-203* on my last check. I pulled it right then. That whole thing was jiggly like jello. It didn’t seem overcooked to me at all. Also, the probe went in like it was room temp butter!
    Last edited by Panhead John; October 18, 2021, 09:43 AM.

• CaptainMike
    replied
    Very nice John!! Question about finish temp, did you take it all the way to 203 or is that where it probed tender? The results are all that matters, and I might be splitting hairs, but I haven't had a prime brisket hit 200 before it was PT. Usually PT's around 197 - 198.
    Last edited by CaptainMike; October 18, 2021, 09:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    replied
    I need to get some B&B charcoal, I’m not a fan of kingsford for a long cook. Thank you for sharing that tid bit as well!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here