Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hanging Chicken On The Bronco - Deflector Plate In Action, Saves The Day! πŸ˜‰

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    I have an ambient probe and I just twist the wire around a hanging bar a couple times and lower it close to the center... much better than the probe, which is way off to the side, and reported to be pretty inaccurate by users more experienced with the cooker than I.

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Not sure why I’d need to do that. I had my probe hanging very close to the built in thermometer for my comparison readings.
    Last edited by Panhead John; June 21, 2021, 01:08 PM.

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    Hahahahaha

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah. That’s why he brought out the I-Hop plates

• lbyer
    replied
    How about attaching your pit temp probe to the end of the built-in thermometer?

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Jim. You’re right. I used to have ThermoPro before this one. Gonna correct my mistake. Good catch.

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    That is what I expected to read when I saw the title of this thread.

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    BTW that is a ThermoWorks Smoke. ThermoPro is an entirely different company making entirely different thermometers than the Smoke.

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Nice cook! It's good to hear that you're enjoying that OJB.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    I’ve heard stories here of that happening.

• Potkettleblack
    replied
    I legit thought the chicken had fallen off the hooks and been saved from the coals by the deflector plate...

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    I could eat either half. BBQ chicken and PBR.
    You done Good.

Leave a comment:

• Old Glory
    replied
    Man that looks good!!!

Hearing that sizzle made me drool!

Leave a comment:

• Dalmore
    commented on 's reply
    That's about what I'm seeing too. I've got my probe centered about an inch off the grate. starting about 150 F, the probe and the guessometer start to diverge. At about 225 on the probe, the guessometer is about 175 and stays about 50 off the rest of the way up.

• fracmeister
    replied
    As to fiddling with temps. I put in the same amount of charcoal each time when cooking two costco birds. I leave it wide open and be CER even look at the temps. I don’t even open it for 90 minutes when I check breast temps. Always means i need about another 15 minutes so i take one out and sauce it and put it back ,.,,, leave the other one nekkid. It is a machine

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here