Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hanging Baby Backs On The Bronco!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panhead John
    replied
    2 1/2 hours in, lookin’ and smelling good! Meat is just beginning to pull away from the bone.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• latenight71
    replied
    I hear the OJ really serves it up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	OJ serves.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	1028845

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    something or someone is missing,
    Oh yeah, Me and PBR!

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    started a topic Hanging Baby Backs On The Bronco!

Hanging Baby Backs On The Bronco!

Click image for larger version  Name:	153B2DAD-F03E-4CAF-A751-CE5F6410A5F5.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	231.4 KB ID:	1028820

I’m pretty excited today, I just put on a slab of baby backs at 2:00. This will be my first time ever hanging any meat in my new OJ Bronco. I got a lot of good tips a while back and read a lot of the posts from a bunch of barrel heads here. Filled the charcoal pan with some KBB and a couple of hickory chunks. I lit 3 Royal Oak Tumbleweeds to start the fire. Click image for larger version  Name:	5AB19197-340C-4390-850B-F8EAC34E726B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.37 MB ID:	1028821Click image for larger version  Name:	336FFF10-5738-45EA-A9C7-7AC77D61521F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.05 MB ID:	1028822
    I found a new, to me, rub today at HEB I wanted to try. It’s made by Ronnie Killen, of Killen’s BBQ near Houston. One of the top BBQ joints in the state of Texas. Out of the jar, very good! I’d call it a sweet heat type of rub. First the sugar taste hits your mouth, followed by a slow burn. The good kind of heat! Very tasty. We’ll see how it tastes at the end of my cook. Click image for larger version  Name:	A60CBA25-A8CE-41BC-8E6D-39F0F4C6EA19.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.48 MB ID:	1028823

Here’s the ribs hanging, I cut the slab in half to keep them from rubbing the diffuser plate. I’ll post the finished product and more pics as the day goes by.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Panhead John; May 8, 2021, 01:41 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here