Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poorman brisket love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poorman brisket love

Well, this turned out amazing. Grabbed a 2.5 chuck roast "steak" at my local grocery and decided it was time to kick up my Smokin’ game another level.

Basically prepped it like a brisket. Was out of my homemade "Meathead" rubs, so decided to try a local Quebec rub dude.

The Apollo was rock steady at around 250 for the entire cook. About 5 hours in the pit and then foiled for 1.5 hours. Faux cambro for the rest. The BBQ Quebec Bourbon chunks were amazing.

Long story short: my family flipped out at how good this turned out. And I got teary eyes at the smoke ring. My Meathead "Texas Juice" was splattered on top, and I think my wife will actually let me upgrade smoker next year after cleaning off her plate!!!

Sorry for my thumb in the pic. I am not a pic wiz yet!

quick edit. Added a pic of the cut right after unpacking and before the dry brining.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BigBry; August 12, 2020, 07:31 PM.

Very well done.

Comment

Nice cook

Comment

Good looking chuckie!

Comment

Hope it taste as good as it looks. Good job

Comment

oh, ooh... oh my... mmmmmm.

Did you do any tenderizing, brining, fidgemate it for a spell? I gotta know..

Comment

Very nice! I can't see chuck roast ever taking the place of brisket for me, but they are both great in their own way. Also, the "poor man's brisket" around here would cost at least 50% more per lb than actual brisket, unless it was on sale, in which case it would be about the same price.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
                Jfrosty27 commented
                Editing a comment
                Same here. Prime brisket is $3.49 @ Costco. Chuck roast about $5.99

I still can't see pictures! Waaaaa!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Me neither, an I so wanna...

• ColonialDawg
                ColonialDawg commented
                Editing a comment
                Me neither.

Darn. I see them. I followed the ‘upload pix’ procedure.

Comment

• Steve R.
                Steve R. commented
                Editing a comment
                It's the hackers' fault, not yours. You probably did everything right.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here