Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apollo 200 cleared for takeoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo 200 cleared for takeoff

Mission control to Apollo 200. You are clear for takeoff.

Well, someone had to do it and get this specific channel moving a bit.

Could not refuse the deal from my local dealer and got the Apollo 200 this morning.

Currently in its first burn with some somewhat "old" maple lumps I had lying around. After an initial all vents open 60 minutes (stayed at around 475), it’s now been rock steady at 260 for two hours, with a few chicken carcasses I had saved. Plan is to let all the charcoal burn and see how far it will take me, and stick in the 255-260 range.

This is my first smoker, so tough to do any comparaisons. But I had right next to a WSM 14.5 in the store, and could not resist the temptation of price and extra versatility.

I guess you’ll follow my "adventure" along in this channel!

Attached Files

Looks more like R2D2 than Apollo to me.

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

How ‘ bout Big Bertha ?

Comment

Nice purchase. Looking forward to you putting the cooker through its paces. Do not forget to post results here at "Mission Control".

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              Someone is going to be sleeping on smoke scented sheets!

LOL Hawker!!! You noticed the sheets in the background! Wind was blowing the other way!!

Comment

Looks like a nice smoker! I have heard that Napoleon makes quality products. Can’t wait to see some cooks from that beauty!

Comment

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Plus 1 on Napoleon ! Waitin on results.

Neat purchase, let the adventures begin.

Comment

Congrats on a good looking cooker. You're going to enjoy that.

Comment

Very nice. I had not seen that smoker. Let us know how it goes for you.

Comment

Excellent choice and great to patronize a Canadian company, eh! I have both a Napoleon Prestige Pro gasser and a Napoleon Pro Kettle and love them both. Rock solid construction and incredible customer service. When my kettle arrived there was no damage to the box but the lower portion of the kettle was damaged, a lot. Customer service not only got my replacement part out to me very quickly but they threw in their top end BBQ tool kit to make up for the inconvenience.
                    BTW - HGTV Canada has a BBQ challenge show called Fire Masters that is sponsored by Napoleon so all of the equipment is Napoleon and one of the pieces in each chef's pit is the Apollo. I'm quite enjoying it.

Comment

Nice Smoker! Have a good time with it.

Comment

Wooohooo!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here