Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hunsaker diffuser review wsm 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunsaker diffuser review wsm 22

For Christmas last year my bride spoiled me to a Hunsaker Christmas. I got the hanger system, 12 hooks, the vortex diffuser, as well as the smaller pail and vortex diffuser.

a few weeks ago on Ribs I finally got the courage to hang some food in my wsm. I had the vortex sitting on top of the 22 wsm charcoal ring. Mine fit very precise, not a lot of room for error, but I got it balanced on there. About 4 hours in my temps drastically changed and I started getting dirty smoke. What seem to happen, was me opening the door checking on the lower part of the ribs, bumped my vortex diffuser, and it fell into the fire pit causing havoc. Ugh, not something I have the ability to deal with. So, I did everything I could think of just to get me through the next two hours.

solution, I purchased the charcoal ring from the 18 wsm, I need to fill it and run a time trial on a fire, but, my cook was clean and smooth, with no worries of falling into the ring. Other may not have this problem, au be mine was just cut or welded a bit short of normal. So, I won’t complain, but, if I were giving this recommendation to others for a 22, I would suggest getting the 18 ring.

I'm sorry Richard! I have the vortex and rib hanger for my 22 and the vortex sits perfectly on my ring. The guy that owns Hunsaker was very helpful with some questions I had. You might want to send him a message and see what he says.

Comment

I’ve got the same setup for my 22” WSM with no issues. Something doesn’t sound right …good luck troubleshooting.

Comment

I don't have experience in the vortex department, but just wanted to ditto that Hunsaker totally supports his stuff. I bought his hinge for my WSM22. He was very responsive to my questions. How did you like the hanger? I'm interested in getting one for mine.

Comment

• jpietrantone
          jpietrantone commented
          Editing a comment
          I love mine...especially with chicken quarters. Obviously it does great with ribs as well...but my wife prefers wrapping for part of the cook, so I usually cook them on the grates instead.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here