Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First cook on the Gateway!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First cook on the Gateway!

First cook on the new Gateway 55. Learning the vents as best I can. Just doing a small pork butt to learn on. So far, it’s lots of fun to use.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3E8C289E-38BF-4A26-B5E1-CDA3E42C4460.jpeg
Views:	368
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	907090

Name:	6D969BAD-5D1A-4A82-89B5-9A7BBF2F6FFE.jpeg
Views:	352
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	907092

Name:	657DCBFD-3ECF-43EA-83F1-4C94A4514428.jpeg
Views:	351
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	907093

Name:	E940876C-146B-4EDC-BE12-FA3B34EA390C.jpeg
Views:	336
Size:	288.9 KB
ID:	907094

Name:	55507E3F-1F17-431E-A6CD-B55084D78BCE.jpeg
Views:	340
Size:	229.8 KB
ID:	907091

don't forget the show pic of final cook.

Comment

Butt went on at 11am. 80° outside. Cooked at 300° to 325° for 4 hours. Wrapped with butter and apple juice at 140° at about 1:30pm. Temped out at 201 by 3pm. Pulled from the pit and put in cooler. Resting for 30 minutes, now. Super fast cook. Great color. Nothing too dark - surprising to me with no water pan or heat diffuser. Will post finished product pics soon.

Comment

Oooooh man!!!!! Sweet drum!!

Comment

Nice rig. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Comment

Final product. It’s good. Had one little tough piece about the size of a roll of quarters. Need a little more salt in my rub but besides that, it was great. 4-hour pork butt. Who’d of thunk it?

Name:	14A6AC46-6444-4ED4-94DE-6A03A68AD4D9.jpeg
Views:	332
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	907246

Comment

• tiewunon
              tiewunon commented
              Editing a comment
              Very nice. Really like that 4 hrs.

That looks delish. Just four hours. Man that’s what I need to hear. I have been avoiding doing pork butt lately because of the long cook times. Nice work and congrats on the new cooker.

Comment

• SavageSmoke
              SavageSmoke commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes. 4 hours. Now it was a small butt. But I was amazed at how quickly it cooked. Also, I had a lot of usable lump leftover.

Nice lookin' cooker and cook.

Comment

Nice looking Gateway.....oh and the pork looks darn good too!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here