Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low cost entry into barrel cooking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob's BBQ
    commented on 's reply
    So what do you say Huskee? Got $100 burning a hole in your pocket? If prodded I could probably be peer pressured into making the order. Be kind of fun to get a Po' Man thread going on here. How low tech can we get and still produce good results..........

• JeffJ
    replied
    It looks kind of rickety and flimsy (you get what you pay for) but if it's grate can hold and 18 pound turkey for 3-4 hours....

Huskee said good results and ease of use are paramount. I couldn't agree more.

The way they advertise it is pretty clever.

Leave a comment:

• fuzzydaddy
    replied
    Looking like a trash can, it might get a bag of trash thrown in it now and then.

Leave a comment:

• JeffJ
    replied
    I found a video of it in action on Youtube. Thanksgiving turkey. Looked really good.

Leave a comment:

• JeffJ
    replied
    $100. That's really cheap. I just may put this on my Christmas wish list.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Good food 75% and ease of use 25% I say. You just don't want something impossible to work with. Since it's at market and has favorable reviews I'd say there little risk of that.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Your post here is exactly, nearly word for word, what went through my mind!

• Nuke em
    replied
    MCS wise, just tell the better half you bought a new cool looking trash can. She'll never know. Duh, alcohol is for drinking, not lighting fires. That's what corn cobs are fer.

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    Now that's what I call a trash can cooker. 😊 Pretty neat. 👍

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    replied
    As far as MCS goes, this one can be easily hidden in the "petty cash" fund...

Leave a comment:

• Bob's BBQ
    replied
    I have to say - looks like kind of a cool conversation piece. Would have to try it to believe you could control temps well enough for consistent cooks. At $100 it might be worth having just to talk about and mess around with. (That might be MCS talking.....)

Leave a comment:

• carolts
    commented on 's reply
    Description stresses NOT galvanized.

• carolts
    commented on 's reply
    Oh, wait...it's actually kinda tiny. I could reach no problem! Looks even better as a tailgater now!

• David Parrish
    replied
    Hope that thing isn't made from galvanized metal. Better ask Max Good about this one.

Leave a comment:

• carolts
    replied
    I saw this in the Tailgater mailing as well.

Looking at the material, it appears the rubbing alcohol is for fire starting. There is an air hole similar to the one in the PBC, but without a damper. The trash can is steel, not galvanized. Not sure how easily it would get banged up. My PBC has taken a beating for several seasons now with only minor maintenance. I can barely reach the charcoal basket in my PBC without climbing in...I could never reach to the bottom of a full-sized trash can. Granted, their target market is probably generally taller than 5'4".

The description "cheap and cheerful" comes to mind. Would be a great tailgater on a budget, I would think.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here