Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barrel House??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KARB2014
    commented on 's reply
    The original powder coated PBC were 20 gauge. The new ones that are porcelain coated are 18 gauge.

• JeffJ
    replied
    This product looks pretty cool and I like the versatility of the split racks. Nevertheless, at the end of the day it's a barrel/bullet smoker and they all have many of the same strengths/weaknesses.

Leave a comment:

• The Burn
    commented on 's reply
    Lol

• Jon Solberg
    commented on 's reply
    12 gauge = 12 balls per pound. Oh wrong unit of measure. Never mind.

• MBMorgan
    commented on 's reply
    Be glad you're not shooting a 20!

• Huskee
    replied
    Originally posted by johnsteen View Post
    Sold caskets for years. The explanation of gauge that I would give to people was the number of sheets of steel to make an inch. 4 gauge equals .25 inch per sheet. 18 gauge is thicker than 20 gauge.
    That explains why it took me 12 shots with my 12 gauge to get that pheasant that one time. I get it now!

Leave a comment:

• Timcee
    commented on 's reply
    Rf.. yea I had a buddy tell me after discussing.. Guess I'll still to cooking and less measurements..lol.. Thanks...

• Timcee
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the clear up! Guess I should stay out of the measuring business..lol

• oldsteve
    commented on 's reply
    Amen to that! Unless Bill Karau comes out with a super-duper replacement for the current KBQ, I have no interest in looking at any of the new, latest, greatest cookers coming down the road. I'm all set for the foreseeable future.

• Ernest
    replied
    I'm glad I'm done looking into smokers/cooker. LOL!!!

Leave a comment:

• Rfuilrez
    commented on 's reply
    Lol no. The PBC is 18 and 20 gauge. This is only 20. So PBC is slightly thicker in some spots.

• johnsteen
    replied
    Sold caskets for years. The explanation of gauge that I would give to people was the number of sheets of steel to make an inch. 4 gauge equals .25 inch per sheet. 18 gauge is thicker than 20 gauge.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Must admit this is a much nicer looking steel drum all in all.

Leave a comment:

• Timcee
    replied
    Btw, not to mention that you can call the PBC company and talk to the owner himself.. I don't know what this company's customer service is but once again.. PBC has a great rep.. But if ya gots room for one more..

Leave a comment:

• Timcee
    commented on 's reply
    Hey Guest thanks on that... I figured since 20 is greater in number that it would be thicker.. So if this company is correct, then it's thicker than PBC although once again... The PBC has been tested and tried so can't go wrong with the PBC..

@ Ribeye.. I might just take the plunge just because..
    Last edited by Timcee; January 4, 2016, 08:15 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here