Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barrel House??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ribeyeguy
    commented on 's reply
    Geez, I just watched the online infomercial. Now you've got me thinking about one too!

• Rfuilrez
    commented on 's reply
    I wish you had posted this the other day. In a drunken binge I ponied up for a PBC on January 1st, and it shipped this morning! I might have took this instead, and tried it for the 30 days.

• Rfuilrez
    commented on 's reply
    18 gauge is thicker than 20 gauge Timcee

18ga = 0.0478"
    20ga = 0.0359"
    Last edited by Rfuilrez; January 4, 2016, 07:19 PM. Reason: trying to get Timcee's name to linK!

• Timcee
    commented on 's reply
    check out the comparison chart ^^ Supposedly it's 18-20 for the PBC? I'm guessing they're saying it's thicker (20) in some spots? If it's at least that on this machine then I'm guessing you'll at least get the same cook as a PBC with a little more variety? Not jumping the gun bc the PBC has stood the test and came out with flying colors.. but what if... (can't you tell I'm a sucker for infomercials?)
    Last edited by Timcee; January 4, 2016, 07:07 PM.

• Jerod Broussard
    commented on 's reply
    Mine has been going strong for over 2 years. Only got rained on once. Has been exposed to some ridiculous humidity. Not sure if I made it to 80 briskets yet. At least 30+ pork butts.

• ribeyeguy
    replied
    What thickness is the PBC? 20 gauge seems awfully light to me, that's about 1/32 of an inch. With the cooking heat and exposure to the elements would it hold up for very long?

Leave a comment:

• Timcee
    commented on 's reply
    I'm thinking just for kicks to grab and check it out.. 30 day return guarantee isn't a bad deal..

• Timcee
    replied
    Jerod Broussard So this has been on the radar...well maybe I'll grab it just for kicks since there's a 30 day guarantee on it...

Leave a comment:

• Timcee
    commented on 's reply
    I gave my PBC away too.. However, I missed it terribly over the Holidays because of it's ease.. So I ended up going to my friend's house to use it.. lololol.. I had too many dishes to cook and the set and forget it (using charcoal since I haven't gone to the pellet side) is what I needed..

• Ernest
    commented on 's reply
    JeffJ if you can pull off the WSM 22.5 go for it. I can't recommend the WSM 18.5 over the PBC though.

• JeffJ
    commented on 's reply
    Ernest Good info particularly as I have been debating between a PBC and 22.5 WSM for almost a year now.

• _John_
    commented on 's reply
    Ahh I didn't know you gave it away. Mine is up to give to someone, but I sold all my friends on them already or Rec Tec's

• Max Good
    commented on 's reply
    I'm aware of this new product and will keep an eye on them.

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    This has been interesting behind the scene for some time.

Leave a comment:

• Ernest
    replied
    _John_ I did quite a bit of experimenting with WSM 22.5 running it as a PBC. The only thing I miss from the PBC is the manly drum look and the portability.
    Otherwise, WSM 22.5 I emphasize WSM 22.5, will give you everything and more over the PBC. I can hang meat using my cast iron grate ring, I can hang AND lay some food flat on grate at the same.

That probably explains why I gave my PBC away.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here