Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myron Mixon MMS-60 H2O

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myron Mixon MMS-60 H2O

I don't post much but after months of making sure I get the right smoker by actually trying out different ones from friends who have everything from Lang's to Yoder's to mixes of Stumps and even Ole Hickory.......I stepped it up and chose the MMS. Had it for 3 months now smoking everything I can breaking it in. When they tell you can smoke 40 racks of BB in 3 hours or 20 plate beef ribs in 4 and Brisket in 5.5 hours...they are spot on. I feel this invention blows all others out of the water. No more 12 hour cooks. I'm converted from low and slow to Hot and fast with better results. Now I have people lining up for my cooks as the word got out. Its a BEAST. And the customer support is like nothing I imagined from getting a smoker. Bravo to the Mixon Family.
    Attached Files

Address please,,,,,,

Comment

That smoker is a BEAST! I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Myron Mixon, very nice and down to earth. His smokers are built like tanks. Way to go cooking hotter. The water pan really helps.

Comment

Very nice, and loaded up. Great that everyone is wearing masks also

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Masks outside? Huh?

• rickgregory
          rickgregory commented
          Editing a comment
          FireMan - look at the date. Last July when we knew much less about COVID and no one was vaccinated.

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup, picked up on the date further down the road. I’m slow sometimes.

That beast filled with ribs is a sight to behold. Thank for making me hungry again after I just finished dinner.

Comment

That pit is amazing! What does it do differently from other ones that allows you to have such shorter cooking times?

Comment

• Florida cracker
            Florida cracker commented
            Editing a comment
            It utilizes a patented internal water pan technology that only Myron Mixon uses. I would recommend googling the H2O smoker and watch how it operates. But yes your cook times are reduced by up to half.

In addition to Mixon's unique design, the build quality is outstanding: https://amazingribs.com/smoker/myron...-smoker-review

Comment

I want one of those when I grow up.

Comment

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              hell yeah!

Florida cracker Looks amazing! What temp were you cooking at? You use any wood chunks or just charcoal? Thanks for the info.

Comment

• Smoking77
              Smoking77 commented
              Editing a comment
              Last two questions for ya... Easy to keep your temps? How often did you add the splits?

• Florida cracker
              Editing a comment
              very easy to hold........add a split every 30-45 mins

• Florida cracker
              Editing a comment
              charcoal to start....wood splits to get it hot. Beef ribs @ 300 Babyback @250-275

Outstanding! You just wet the whistle of half the Pit membership. Very, very cool man!

Comment

How does the bark come out on brisket?

Comment

• Florida cracker
                Editing a comment
                just did 10 yesterday and you don't need to wrap...bark is solid

Wow... really nice rig. If I ever hit the lottery I think I found my first spurge purchase...

Comment

Wow, a smoker load of ribs.

Comment

Oh my! What a machine!! I hope you have a good lock on your gate. Some shady lookin people standing behind you!

Comment

Florida cracker How's the temperature variance top to bottom, left to right?
                    Last edited by lostclusters; September 27, 2020, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• Florida cracker
                      Editing a comment
                      left to right is pretty stable....top down is maybe 8 degree variance

• lostclusters
                      lostclusters commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'd call that pretty darn good.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here